How to have a spirit of steel when playing poker?

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
There is no need for a spirit of steel.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Having a spirit of stee in poker involves maintaining a calm and focused mindset, regardless of wins or losses. Practice emotional discipline, stay strategic, and avoid letting emotions influence your decisions. Analyze each hand objectively and learn from both successes and mistakes to enhance your overall gameplay.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I play poker I always tremble. How to fix this situation?
I know exactly how you feel because I've gone through the same thing, both at the table and while living my life in general. It will probably always be there, so the trick is to not let it show. Confidence in yourself and what you are doing is the key to keeping it hidden safely away within you. :)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To fix, you probably need to understand the reason. Is it anxiety of possibly loosing money? Is it excitement? Is it a medical condition? Whence you have a good understanding, surely the fix will be easy.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You need confidence and with practice and play you will feel better, Try meditation and breathing. Practice concentrating on your breathing and it can bring your heart rate down. and the most important don't play with fear just relax and try to have fun.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
IMO there's no short term 'fix' for this, just try to play in games that you're comfortable in(that won't affect your bankroll much if you lose and also where the field isn't that tough* maybe play for a while some low buy-in mtts and/ or freerolls...); after some time, you'll gain more experience and hopefully after a few good results- you'll be able to build confidence in your game(it's always a good idea to study often and be prepared for different spots) and this will result in having confidence in your game both live and online that in theory should help a lot with the tremble problem...

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play freerolls so you have nothing to lose :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Being steel in poker is not easy, sometimes you have to make compromises to maintain yourself 😃
Sometimes, or most of the time, you succeed, if the position also favors you. Take advantage of everything you can but don't cut the crack from under your feet 😉.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to play a lot of poker and after a few years when you play poker for a very long time, it will go away by itself. When you do it for the first time you can always shiver, well, after a while, when it happens many times, you will get used to it and won't worry, it just takes a little time