How to focus if I have ADHD :(

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing for a long time, and I notice that everyday I'm doing better, but one thing that I can't improve it's my concentration, it's frustrating but it is what it is. Maybe you have some suggestions for me?
Appreciate your advices.

Correction
*if I have ADHD?
Sorry for my orthography

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing I have a movie on and I'm probably playing an Xbox game and I'm browsing a forum and responding on my PC. So don't do any of that. I find it hard to stay focused on one thing also but I would suggest remove the possibility of distractions from the place where you play poker. I play my best when I only am concentrating on poker.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing I have a movie on and I'm probably playing an Xbox game and I'm browsing a forum and responding on my PC. So don't do any of that. I find it hard to stay focused on one thing also but I would suggest remove the possibility of distractions from the place where you play poker. I play my best when I only am concentrating on poker.
Yes, I feel the same, also I was thinking about start doing yoga, as a way to control my thoughts and feelings

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
friend is not you the only one, we all do a lot of things when playing online such as watching movies chat on the forum talking at home music and all the other things and playing poker it interferes with poker but you can't just look at the poker table and wait for your opponent to make a move in 1 minute and this makes many players tired, so many players are busy with other things

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing for a long time, and I notice that everyday I'm doing better, but one thing that I can't improve it's my concentration, it's frustrating but it is what it is. Maybe you have some suggestions for me?
Appreciate your advices.

Correction
*if I have ADHD?
Sorry for my orthography

What environment do you play in? Most distractions come from the environment.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
u need finish all ur business for the day and star play focused

R

rrsbrasil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It sounds funny… I am clinically diagnosed ADHD, I take meds in order to work on weekdays and, while I play online, I’ve noticed I play my best when I play 2 games at a time so I don’t hyper focus and mess up, meaning chase action I shouldn’t or, if I play only one game at a time doing something else simultaneously like working, cleaning the house, whatever…. 3 games are too much action on the little cell screen, 1 too boring. Even medicated.

R

rrsbrasil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
u need finish all ur business for the day and star play focused
That is not how it work for us, ADHD. To try and simplify, our brains are wired differently. That’s as simple as that.

R

rrsbrasil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Something really important I found out about having ADHD and playing poker is: I have to embrace this fact and learn to deal with it. I have won over 5 tickets to play the Sunday Million on free rolls/satellites because those were fast. The most I lasted on the SM was the first day. Never made it ITM. Do I suck? I don’t think so. My win rate on hyper turbos and specially on spin n gos is quite good, again, because those are fairly quick. Get in, get out. Learn to deal with your disadvantages and specially with your advantages.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Something really important I found out about having ADHD and playing poker is: I have to embrace this fact and learn to deal with it. I have won over 5 tickets to play the Sunday Million on free rolls/satellites because those were fast. The most I lasted on the SM was the first day. Never made it ITM. Do I suck? I don’t think so. My win rate on hyper turbos and specially on spin n gos is quite good, again, because those are fairly quick. Get in, get out. Learn to deal with your disadvantages and specially with your advantages.

Like the thoughts & love the attitude, wishing you continued success.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music but can also be distracted by that but helps with long sessions. My concentration tends to be better or computers than other things but I find two tables a lot easier than one to focus otherwise I end up online shopping and flicking through tunes too much.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before an interesting tournament, I'll mentally program my brain for a positive result. Meditation is also good for concentration. And while playing, I listen to relaxing or symphonic music.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
One can play his best game when he's rested, relaxed, fed and focussed.
In other conditions playing is a bad idea :giggle:

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Dear friend, medicines, opinions, suggestions are the last things you should turn to. I think you know yourself very well, my advice for you is to realize, to be aware in moments of concentration and to realize what you feel at that moment. That feeling you have, you have to amplify it every time you need concentration. It's hard but not impossible.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a bit of a problem with this too. I frantically shuffle chips with my hand then I remember to hyperfocus on the action going on and take mental notes then I'm shuffling chips again before long. Playing live can be so slow so I try my best to analyse the game and visualize the stacks and raise sizes as if it was an online game and have this mental debate of what strategy to apply to this specific game and to what players. I have issues online too, I multitable with a load of tabs open and music playing. It's amazing when your in the zone but I'm pretty sure it's not optimal!

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a difficult condition for a poker player, but you should try to seek the help of a professional in the field of psychology to help you find a way to overcome the condition that should seriously interfere with your game days.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Appreciate your advices.

Correction
*if I have ADHD?
Sorry for my orthography
I don't think you have to sit tight in front of the poker table, put on music that makes you feel good, you can watch a good movie, you have to choose what makes you feel good. With a good mood you will be much more effective and you will have more satisfaction

R

rrsbrasil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Dear friend, medicines, opinions, suggestions are the last things you should turn to. I think you know yourself very well, my advice for you is to realize, to be aware in moments of concentration and to realize what you feel at that moment. That feeling you have, you have to amplify it every time you need concentration. It's hard but not impossible.
I don’t fully disagree but, medicines may be helpful. I was one that hated the idea of taking medicines for the rest of my life. It took me years of therapy to accept the fact that it was not a shame or a sign of weakness to use them. I have a condition and if I want to reach my full potential they are a tool. BUT I have seen the power of mindfulness and meditation. These are also tools, and very powerful ones….

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don’t fully disagree but, medicines may be helpful. I was one that hated the idea of taking medicines for the rest of my life. It took me years of therapy to accept the fact that it was not a shame or a sign of weakness to use them. I have a condition and if I want to reach my full potential they are a tool. BUT I have seen the power of mindfulness and meditation. These are also tools, and very powerful ones….
I'm sorry if I offended anyone!!! From my knowledge, I know that ADHD has several levels. My opinion was in general mode.

A

ancakeul

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
you can pray God can heal you ! try to make a relation whit GOD

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try asking your local doctor maybe? 🤷🏻‍♂️

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They didn't call it ADHD back in the 50s and 60s...I was just an overactive, overly chatty kid in school. I found out about ADHD in my adulthood. By this time, I have learned my own ways to handle it...never had a problem playing poker, especially live.