Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The children grew up and left the house
I do not drink alcohol, and now I am old to wander around the city
I spend my free time to playing poker
But how can I explain to my wife .....; ((
You seem to be implying that your wife doesn't support your pastime. I feel for you.

I'm at a similar point in my life - kids are grown and gone from the house, and I don't wander around the city either. My wife is completely supportive as long as I don't do anything stupid, like losing a lot of money doing it.

So, we're both happy. Why? I guess we just both accept each other for who we are. She has her hobbies and I have mine. I don't lose money playing poker, although I don't really win much either. We'd both be ecstatic if I won lots, but that's not the goal.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my way would be like this joke. a man gave his wife birthday а present slippers and a dildo, his explanation being that if she did not like the slippers to be have sex in the ass with dildo

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most important thing in this life is to have a balance and know how to manage your time .. people who love poker should know that there is a family and that they wait for us every day and know how to respect that space we can do both things as long as find time for everything because family is the most important thing in this life and we should not neglect it a lot, because life goes by and we miss that special moment ... but poker is also happiness for those of us who see this as a sport and not as a way out of financial problems

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell the wife that this is your hobby and what you like to play poker more than walking down the street and be sure to add that large win you give her a gift

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play live poker only on vacation. We are both more relaxed. My wife may go to the spa for a massage and manicure, so I get to play poker for a few hours, or she goes to a shopping mall. At home, just don't dominate computer use....share. Tell your wife that you enjoy poker as a leisure activity. It should not replace time spent together. You just enjoy poker. Would she complain if you watched 10 hours of NFL football every Sunday, or played golf 3 times a week (at least 6 hours each time) ? For US poker players, we get more enjoyment out of poker than watching "The Bachelor or The Kardashians."

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Its not important to explain to wife,she must be a kind of a brake.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you have poker where you spend your free time, and it's good, but the wife is not a book you can read and put on the shelf !!! if you are a true gentleman, you must do everything so that your wife feels happy for the rest of her days !!!!

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said to my girlfriend that i like a card game called Poker and she said teach me to play.

Just teach your wife to play poker :D

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say "I love poker and this is my hobby"
Point out that minds that play games stay sharper.
My wife knows I obsess over it. I will be at the tables daily, when I retire in 25 years.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell her what you're working on an ambitious Internet project, which in the future will bring me a lot of good and you too