How do your loved ones perceive the fact, that you play poker?

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controversy...

Unfortunately, it is not very pleasant, I have few moments of being able to play poker, I can only play small tournaments of maximum 3 hours, due to the obligations as father and wife of the family.
I think this beautiful sport is for people who are not in such high demand, either personally or in the workplace, such as: the single, the divorced, the widowed, the retired and those who have nothing to do in the Life :D:D, when I am in one of those positions, I will give myself 100%.
Greetings and good luck at the tables !!!:cool::cool::eek:

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

I remember my previous wife when I payed limit Hold'em professionally back in the 80s. She loved the life. I have a pilot's license and owned a plane and we'd often fly to my gigs all over Nevada and California.

I remember when returning to her with a windfall, like 5 or 6 thousand, she'd act like it was normal. But when I returned after a big loss, I usually limited my losses to around 2 thousand, she'd really freak out and want me to quit even though our bankroll always remained healthy.

I no longer play professionally. Don't have to. My current wife is a multi-millionaire and she doesn't mind me playing poker online at all. Then again, I haven't built my bankroll up enough to get into the higher tier games yet. When I do she'll probably freak out as well.

B

Bilgefisher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first met my wife's family, we had a $20 buyin home game at their house. Her mother, father and 2 brothers visiting all joined. They had a a few friends over that joined as well. Only one of them ever plays live tournaments and rarely at that.

On my side, my dad and I have been playing for over 20 years together. We go up the hills and play and split winnings. If he ever gets close to the final table online, he calls me and I watch him play. He'll do the same when I get deep in a tournament. We've been doing that since the party poker days and I was stationed on the other side of the country.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker thanks to my brother. We always share hands and talk a lot about poker.

K

kaktus56rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kaktus

I have played and will play poker and it is not my family's business