How do you think poker can ruin a person's life?

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you gamble, if can ruin your finances. So follow bankroll management.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a tool. So not Poker per se. gambling is a very big issue for some people however. Like alcoholism ppl cannot control the pull it has over them.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I will skip his name and identity, but 5-6 years ago we withnessed, here at CC, exactly the life ruining caused by poker and gambling addiction.
The guy in question was very friendly and active on the forum. Soon becamed Loyaler and started helping in identifying of pasword thieves from CC freerolls with pure dedication and some very good outcomes. During one period of time I had hundreds of PM's exchanged with him, because me started to help with LB results and LB sheets (exchanging info about PW thieves and sites where the leaks happens). He never asked me any $ loans or sharing any personal problems. But suddenly he disappeared from our community.
Without any notice. It took 1 or 2 months until his wife made an account here at CC in order to explain what happened and why he is missing. It turned out he was enourmously gambling addicted, stopped sending money to his wife and children as well as found in big debts (also to some of other CC members). She took the chance to appologize for his behaviour, but she was stunned by all the happenings he caused ...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi:)
I believe that severe gambling or excessive addiction to the game is the main reason for the deterioration of the health of any professional poker player or anyone else.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a gambler with no limits, yes it can ruin life.

P

pdouble27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It can ruin you life by consuming all of your time and destroying relationships

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's very easy to lose control over your finances. The more you want to get back at it, the more you sink into it, and this causes a mental decline, and the gambling addiction wins and you lose your peace of mind.

P

pdouble27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Just make sure you set your limits and you absolutely don’t exceed them for anything.

R

Rugbysalt7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
A lot of people talking about how poker can ruin your finances. Yes, that happens when someone has a gambling problem. It's not unique to poker though.

And also poker can act very similarly to a drug. Anything that triggers or affects brain neurotransmitters can have that effect. Playing poker, like with other gambling activities, affects multiple neurotransmitters with dopamine being the most well-known. It can get addictive easily. The activity can change the way the brain works and how a person behaves.

So don't distance poker players too much from drug users. They can be very similar, from best case to worse case.
This is so true , we all must be responsible for are action and have the ability to control ones game play - real or free roll .
Ultimately this will help us all I do it this way
. Have a good game all