How do you play poker?

Marathon or Hyper speed

• Marathon play ( Playing for the long run)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Hyper play (all in with good cards etc)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Shogun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My question really is, when playing online, do you play poker in a way where it's like a marathon and going for the long run of it, or are people more like me ( a noob) trying to play fast and end everything to quickly , while (almost every time) lose your earnings.

Trying to learn a bit more about bluffing, since behind the screen, obviously it's a lot harder to call one, for me at least, but in person, i love to read people cause it gives me the feeling of a ''challenge accepted'' kind of thing.

How do you guys (with experience, react behind the screen, compared to in real life)

Thank you all for your time and responses.

Shogun

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play 1-2 games and be constantly concentrated than to play quickly a lot of games and lose concentration. Bluffing and reading people is quite hard topic and needs more experience. In online poker it's much harder to do but after some time of playing I think you will better read players

S

Shogun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play 1-2 games and be constantly concentrated than to play quickly a lot of games and lose concentration.

Do you mean here, that you have 2 games, e.g. 2 windows of tables where you focus on playing and win, but in a slow way, so a marathon for you? playing for the long run and not exhaust yourself ?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
How do i play?
At home as everybody else, in my laptop, sitting in an unpleasent chair, with some coffee nearby
Rgds

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a marathon for me! Whether I'm up or down today doesn't bother me because the session isn't over it's just on pause until tomorrow! As for behind the screen... I'm very active ha like if I was like that live I'd never win anything because on a laptop I allow myself to feel happy and sad!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes for both but depending on situation.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not usually for a long time.. since I only play for fun, few hours 2 or 3hrs maybe... Of course it depends.. if I start a tournament and keep increasing my stacks I would play until the end, when I lose or win.. and sometimes depending on the field it could take several hours

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that we have to be like a chameleon at a poker table, always adapting to the environment. In the same way as a very aggressive game, I can play tigth and be patient, it depends a lot on the type of table you are playing and the profile of the players you are playing, not to mention that your image at the table counts a lot too: if you were aggressive and got caught in some marginal hands when you have value play the same way that they will not believe you, and if you are tigth and showed only values ​​you can use this image to open a wider range and bluff a few more, since everyone thinks you are nit. Now in terms of bluffing I think differently from you, it is much easier to bluff online than live, since online you just need to tell a good story and you will not have to control yourself to not tell your opponent.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I only play online and I do not like to play in turbo tournaments. I prefer tournaments where the blinds grow every 10 minutes.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer MTTs (one at a time) and there definitely it is marathon.