How Do You Plan to Finish Your Poker Career?

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very tough question, hard to see myself quiting but I have always been musically inclined so I would probably continue doing that for the rest of my life!

As for business, not thinking too much about that right now(as for post poker life that is)

My 401k plan is at 30% up to $6.. Hell I know a few sites i can get 100% up to $500. lol

C

corrupted15

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never quit, just love it too much, but I am also not a pro. I dont think it makes sense to be a pro anyway, unless you live in a very low income country. The golden days seem to be over and I missed that train. So I just treat poker as a hobby which provides some extra income.

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll never quit, poker is too much fun and I'm hoping to start getting an earning through it too.......... Watch this space

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quit playing poker? Never. It's like a pastime, plus extra money. Well, who else from such refuse. Well, except that crazy. :rolleyes:

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am planning on never finshing my poker career. In fact I have already had a word upstairs and only need 1 player for a six-max game.

So far, there is Jesus, (tight player who makes some unusual moves, has an added advantage - his father owns the gaff), Peter, (who I would say is a calling station - but a steady player), Judas, (a business man who has a lot of easy money to lose), Moses, (doesn't concentrate as much as he should - always reading his Ipad or doing a cross-word while he plays), & me. If any of you fancy being in my home-game club - please pm me and I give you the join up details. Before you do, I must warn you there is a high stake buy-in of $100000.00 which you need to prove you have by paying into my account on PS. Obviously, this will be returned to you in heaven.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no my poker career, i play poker for fun as an hobby and i will stop playing when it become boring

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I'm a hobby poker player I will never quit playing it. It's also fun for me, so I stay as long as I can. :)

M

mmy228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm finish my poker career than I'll beet the *kidpoker * in 1000000$entry at hands up )))))))

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i will go all in one last time (2;7)

arla24

arla24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i will never quit playing poker i guess, it's really hard to quit.. unless i get broke really bad =]

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask yourself how are you going to start treating poker as a career firsthand. Sit down think this shit out for real, how many hours can you commit to playing per day, how many hours per month must be reached, anything over this amount is considered overtime and can be used to take days off an so on. Stop thinking in terms of how much am I down or how much I'm ahead instead, think by how much volume/hours you put in and once you hit your mark clock out for the day enjoy life, poker is a marathon not a sprint you will burn out and go insane if you treat it as such. I treat this game as a part time job I put 2 hours a day in and stud 1 hour for every 4 hours I play so, hope this helps someone.

I love playing poker just now and am getting more in to it all the time. This post has got me really thinking and I'm going to really take this on board - so I don't ever plan on never playing poker again, but, also here's hoping I can make good money along the ride.

H

hulaaaa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I think that will never finish, but will be a certain time and I think that even a few hours of poker a week I did not have time, I think that I especially will not end, it happens spontaneously.

B

Biscleta

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Follow a poker carrer is a little bit risky. Although, if that happens i think that all professional poker players (and even amateurs) are able to play poker at 18 and at 80...so once we follow a carreer on poker it will be always present in our life...just look at doyle brunson

T

Tiago Pratas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im going play poker for ever :p

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I like to play on the table of a super tournament with the best just to look and talk conseguiii

YourHuckleberry

YourHuckleberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I plan to finish my poker career the same way McBain from the Simpsons sleeps at night...

"On top of a big pile of money, surrounded by many, many beautiful ladies"

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as I keep winning, I will keep playing

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup i will play until the day i die. As long as i have the mental capability to play then at that point i wouldnt know any different anyway.

TyDoby

TyDoby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Write a lot. It's what I do to calm down from being on tilt anyway, so I would love to have enough money saved up to follow that passion.

Also travel. Seeing the world is a big plus for poker in the long run too. Getting to play tournaments in other countries such as france and England would be awesome.

Those two would be the big ones I'd say.

K

kisintin01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dick knows. I did not think about it. I will probably continue to keep playing. Maybe not in this volume, as it is now. but still. As people play DotA or WOT. I do not like these games, poker and I respect - that's my hobby. It's like a brush to pick up a pen from the artist or a poet. From poker to old age)

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you finish what has not begun? But I will play poker forever.

Rinat Akhmadullin

Rinat Akhmadullin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not even think about the end of my poker career!

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll hang out at the bar (vgandeliku) to drink vodka with drunks and tell stories about how well I was playing poker =))