How do you know how good you are at playing poker?

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that is seems that income made from poker gives probably the best indicator of how good you are........ or at least how smart you are to play against people that you can win money against.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think the ideal is that you install a HUD that takes the statistics of your hands played ... and after each game session you can make a more objective evaluation of your game ... These tools offer a wide variety of reports and graphics that tell you how are you playing ...!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you win 2.000.000 bucs ;), no i think when progresive you see grow your winnings.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, the level of my game suits me, but I have problems with managing a bankroll !!!

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was for money won over being spent, I'd be a chump :)

I believe that people's wins are the most significant indicator of what is deemed to be a "good poker player" .
It's not a game of coming first strictly, it is indeed a rather humble game.
That's one of the reasons why I love it anyway

Out of everyone who has earnt more than say £5,000,000 either online or live in say the last 3 or four years should, in my book, be deemed very good players.

I myself, am not :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for 10 years. For me, it is a hobby that brings me money. But I still consider myself a mediocre player.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,to be honest,I dont tend to take a look to my statistics.If I can´t withdraw some money from any of my poker accounts in more than 4 months,something I must be doing wrong..Fortunately, i´m happy with my results of the last years.Although, if I studied more ,my statistics would be better..

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I judge myself sometimes well in poker but sometimes when you have full house and the other player a block at the final table this is no matter how good this play is hard to read and fold a hand. In short I give myself a grade 7 from 0 to 10.:eek:

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know when I make mistakes, and if I can keep those to a minimum, then I know that I am playing a good game. Usually I get knocked-out because I have terrible luck, but I still know that I made the right move. So I judge my game by the number of mistakes that I make. (and my bank roll says "good job") Yippee !!!

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading the reviews I installed PokerTracker 4 on my computer to find out how good I am at poker. Thank you all !

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
By discussing your plays with a better player than you or a coach and if possible to analyse your database if you are a HUD user-if you are asking about online poker. I have no clue how to do that for live games.

The game of poker is endless and still unsolved in the higher limits.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know that this is a serious question, but I will answer. Notice how professional players play, you will see the difference! Another way is to start learning poker theory. Without studying, no one will become a good poker player in 2019!

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the work of my coach, who gets paid for it. he looks, suggests making conclusions. at the moment he appreciates my level of play as a super unrealistic. I believe him

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
In order to answer your questions you ask and determine how you are doing, it is most advisable to analyze the hands of the tournaments you participate in and see your disbursement in these tournaments and you can identify weaknesses, strength and ellroes to continue improving.
since I could never determine that he is a great player if he cannot recognize his mistakes

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, a good player is not the one who always wins and the one who is constantly learning and improving your game! A win will surely come! Unfortunately, I was far from it!

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Today you are a super player, and tomorrow you tear off the hair on your head and scold yourself. It all depends on luck. The main achievement and result is when you win a lot of money with micro deposits.:)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now they move me to any card, it seems that you are doing everything right, but the opponent catches his 10-15 percent to win, and such a line can drag on for a long time in tournaments, so we are waiting for luck to come! And do not forget about skill, make good passes and answers to bet

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question is kind of insane for me, and I don't want to blame you for asking that, I just have an opinion about it:

How do you want to be successful and good at it, if you cannot analyse yourself? Poker is about analyse everyone at the tables, involving yourself. So for me the most important fact to know my attitude, what i want to reach with specific cards, and how i can achive it.
This sounds silly, but the most information you have is about you. Your results, the way that you play your hands, in addition other's opinion about you.... Can give you credits. Please use it, I always advice that you have to know your boundaries, than try to explore other's.
If statistics can help you than collect as much as you can. Make plans, that 'where am I stand now, and where I wanna go, and what I have been reached since then.'

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's is very simple thing but only if you know what you are doing and have a game plan but if not than it isost difficult question even for pros

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch videos and self awareness. Being objective and looking deep within yourself isn't easy, but once you learn how to not allow emotions to cloud your judgment, you won't question yourself and then know the truth about yourself. And honestly experience helps you self awareness and helps you see more things. Just keep playing and analyzing

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to rate my success at making the right call rather than the results. If you're tracking results by money made, you want be within a BRM scheme. That should give you an some what accurate scale to where you stake up as a player within those stakes.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All just look, if a month does not have to throw money on the poker room, then everything is fine

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
judge

I am probably luckier than good. I feel some day I am better than others as well. I think that is just the nature of being a card player. Even with the pros, I think they are good, but Im sure on the right day, with the right luck, I could probably be better than them. In the larger picture, I am probably just a novice and will never be great. But if just 1 day I am great and it pays off, then YAY! :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough question to answer, but in my opinion, we must look at our results. Everyone will tell you not to be results oriented in poker, but over time, if you are spending more than you are winning, than you are probably an average poker player.

One of the things that makes it difficult to measure, is that as we begin to win, we might move up in stakes, and accept that losing is OK now because we are playing tougher opponents. This is fine, but then we may not even be average now - we are probably a below average player. This all depends on our competition.

In live play I would cash 23% of the time, and I convinced myself i was better than average, since only 10% of players cash in any particular tournament. If this were true, then I should be making a profit, but I was barely breaking even, or losing. So, I thought I was good, but can't string together a bunch of big wins. Maybe not as good as I thought I was, eh?

So - keep studying, keep learning, keep adjusting and find the games you are good at, and play them.