How do you handle a long string of terrible luck?

Tufffish4Yu

Tufffish4Yu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I needed to write out my frustrations because that is what I do instead of tilt at the poker tables so I would love to know how does everyone here handle a long string of terrible bad beats?

In the last 24 hours I have received not the worst bad beats I have ever seen but still a continuous long line of terrible bad beats.

https://prnt.sc/znpq1g
https://prnt.sc/znqct7
https://prnt.sc/znrn85

and these few hands are just the beginning in the last 24 hours. I have taken 17 bad beats total pretty similar to this just in the last day. Either I am doing something wrong or I am beginning to think something is wrong with the website I am currently playing on. I know it is immature to blame it on the website/cards but I do believe I am putting myself in great situations when my chips are in the middle of the pot and even with a pretty big advantage the flops, turns and rivers always seem turn my smile into a frown.

Well this was just a rant to stop me from dumping my money and is giving me a chance to cool off.

Here is to hoping this terrible luck leaves soon!:joyman:

Last edited:
A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me I do a couple of things depending on how long it lasts.

1. Take a deep breath finish the games and stick to the math and remove any emotion I can out of it.
2. Stop playing when game finishes go over my entire hand history for the period in question and analyze my play, if I am playing correctly at least as I perceive I chalk it up to variance. Otherwise I may adjust how I am playing

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know

I needed to write out my frustrations because that is what I do instead of tilt at the poker tables so I would love to know how does everyone here handle a long string of terrible bad beats?

In the last 24 hours I have received not the worst bad beats I have ever seen but still a continuous long line of terrible bad beats.

https://prnt.sc/znpq1g
https://prnt.sc/znqct7
https://prnt.sc/znrn85

and these few hands are just the beginning in the last 24 hours. I have taken 17 bad beats total pretty similar to this just in the last day. Either I am doing something wrong or I am beginning to think something is wrong with the website I am currently playing on. I know it is immature to blame it on the website/cards but I do believe I am putting myself in great situations when my chips are in the middle of the pot and even with a pretty big advantage the flops, turns and rivers always seem turn my smile into a frown.

Well this was just a rant to stop me from dumping my money and is giving me a chance to cool off.

Here is to hoping this terrible luck leaves soon!:joyman:
I'm in the same boat. unreal . I just take a 2 day break and brush it off. It seems that the more aggressive the other player is on all bad hands he becomes successful getting me.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm currently getting killed in tourneys, so I'm switching to cash. I switch games, sites and try and reset.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These situations are frustrating and that is the complicated thing, you play well and lose over and over again, but playing like this will have more benefit than loss, it is only a moment, hard and difficult to digest but that is where we must remain firm and with character to continue with our game:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Do not be sad. Sometimes such moments happen and this is an integral part of this game. You have to be prepared for that. The best solution is a break. Just relax and everything will fall into place.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
24 H is nothing, i had something like this more than a month, even more worth. I had full house other one better full house. I had full house other one 4 of a kind. I had straight other one flush. In this time i reduce the time playing poker. If something like this happen more than 3 days in a row 4th day i make brake. 5th day go on tabel and if i again lost what i brought to the tabel stop playing and next days again break. So i continue until it goes up again.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bad Beats and Losing Streaks happen to everyone, I find the best way to handle them is to stop playing and give the game a rest for a while, Come back tomorrow, when the cards may be a little bit better and try again.
I played 8 games on pokerstars one afternoon and got beat in every game, Lady Luck and the Poker Gods must have had a day off, but the next day, I played the same format 8 games and won 6.
Poker Variance accounts for many bad beats and suck outs, You could play Pocket Aces several times, but just because the stats say you are favorite 80/20 % of the time does not mean if they lose one time you are going to win the next 4 times you play them.
It just does not happen that way, Imagine for one minute that you win 4 times on the trot with Aces, does this mean you should not play them on the 5th time you are dealt them and it should be an automatic fold?
Of course not!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is terrible, I have also gone through similar situations, for now do not try to recover what was lost because you are probably in quicksand the more force you do to get out the more you will join. It only remains to hope that the variance balances the balance in your favor

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go over hand histories after the session, to detect mistakes. Sometimes, I study and sometimes I take a break if my bankroll going down.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands