How do you avoid your homelife while playing?

FerForkSake

FerForkSake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my daughter was crawling, she used to pull off her diaper on purpose. I got really fed up with her jetisoning her protective unit, sometimes full. So I had to duct tape it on for a while and it worked.

What a great idea MrSticker!!! My boy has just learned how to start taking his diaper off so I think I'll have to use this trick.

Let me also say, what a great post! I'm a brand new mom (he's only 6 months now), and let's just say the things I do to relax are pretty solitary things (i.e. reading, poker, etc.) So I was curious how other people still manage to get their time on the tables with kids running around. Well, I guess I'll bite the bullet and cut down on my playing time, or have him with me when I do play. I figure by his first birthday he'll be playing better than me anyways....

Thanks again for the ideas.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a $55 H2H Sng last night - a couple of minutes in my son wakes up and starts screaming, he's got stomach ache and nappy rash. Had to deal with him and give up on the game, just part of being a parent i suppose.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ahh Jim, :) ya do what ya gotta do. the right thing ain't allways the easiest. .

This in a nut shell is it. Just make sure that your homelife outweighs your poker playing. You can read a lot of threads on here about how the significant other was going ballistic about how much time was being spent playing poker. Just make sure your priorities are set right.

And Estelle, have fun. I remember those days. Would I go back to them from now? No but boy were they sweet then. So make alot of good memories. And remember to edit the tales later.;)

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chateau Trailer Parc, also known as Wal-Mart has dvd's for a dollar of older cartoons lasting up to 2 hours. My kids enjoy them, and I have 3 under the age of 3.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I have 2 kids at home 13 and 8 and the best thing about them is they are always asking pops you no more poker tournament today ;) now you can't get it any better than that:) because they know if I ain't playing I usually cleaning house or working in yard (1/4 acre) yard and they want none of that, even if I don't ask for their help, they are like pops go play LMFAO

13 yo rather be on phone 24/7 and 8 rather be xboxing LOL, but no matter what no poker after 6 pm, that is definitely family time in our house

Last edited:
pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some magical reason my 2 year old always wakes up at night when i am holding AA or KK its never 27 os.
Anyway its tough to play online when you have a family and a job. If you look on TV and you see all the internet players who play hunderd of hours online they are young and unattached so they have all the time in the world to play and play.

Organize a Home Poker Game