How do the pros do it??

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about that story of Timex? How did he made it to Dortmund EPT? Did he qualify online?
But even if they are from rich families, it still takes plenty of skill to win all those titles, and keep being a pro.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how he got there.

Not taking anything away from them but being spoiled and rich does give you a certain edge that can't be trained or learned. A huge advantage...

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's an interesting topic...the 'behind-the-scenes' dynamics would be very interesting.

I understand that there are a few different types of arrangements that players make with backers. In some cases, players end up deep in debt to these guys to the point any big cashes are simply used to pay off the backers, with very little left for themselves. Maybe some arrangements are 'one and done' situations where everyone just moves on if you don't cash. But how many backers are willing to take on 100% of the risk, with no protection built in?

I've always assumed that one of the advantages younger players have is that they often don't have families to support or many other obligations, so they are able to devote hours and hours each day to playing, honing their craft, building a bankroll to the point where they can enter larger events. Then, if they make a deep run in a major event, they are flush with cash, and sponsors are lining up to pay you to basically show up.