how do I increase the bankroll?

G

gopnik885

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing on FT and I don't have much cash ,around 15$, do you have any advice what should I play?

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id play the 1.25 single table sngs...with a tight game its rather easy to make the money in these as it pays the top three...you get alot of donks in this tournie playing with freeroll winnings...2 or 3 players could be out on the first level...id play AA AK kk QQ only until down to about 5 players left then loosen up and play your game

gl

stay hard, keep jammin and ill see ya

R

rockpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls it is best way to get more bankroll; sng too it is very good alternative.
you too can play cash game tables in micro limits (Limit and No LImits).
Regards!!

H

Hotkiller102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 1,25 sng's, till you are around 30 $. Then maybe play sng's with 45 players with 1,25$?

Gl:)

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited:
graziosi

graziosi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on what you are good at and what you feel comfortable playing: Tourneys, SNGs, table etc. Do you like Omaha, Limit, No Limit, Stud, Stud H/L, Razz, etc? To each is own.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll..

I would also play the $1 Tournaments... strategy, play tight in the first hour... let the donkeys kill each other... by the end of the 2nd hour... the playing field should be leveled off... so be patient.

Also try the freerolls... and the .COM Freerolls... in those you win points... that you might use to enter other point tournaments... and in turn win cash... or entry into sat tournaments.

Best of Luck at the Tables

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With that bankroll, invest only 10% or less in each event you play. Bankroll management is very necessary.

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to be a serious player, build by using limit cash games. If you want to have fun and not pursue poker a serious way to make money, then play tourneys like a lotto and forget about building solid skills for higher levels.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't let $15 burn a hole in your pocket. It won't spoil sitting in the cashier. Follow good BR management advice of the pros.

You can read the whole Ferguson bankroll article at:
Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - All Promotions: Chris Ferguson Challenge

But in part, it reads:
Starting with nothing but a full tilt poker account, Chris played in Freerolls until he earned enough to graduate to games with real-money buy-ins. From that point on, he adhered to a strict set of guidelines to build up his bankroll:
  • He never bought into a cash game or a Sit & Go for more than 5 percent of his total bankroll; the only exception was at the lowest limits: he was allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less
  • He didn’t buy into any multi-table tournaments for more than 2 percent of his total bankroll; the only exception was $1 MTTs
  • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represented more than 10 percent of his total bankroll, he had to leave the game when the blinds reached him

G

gopnik885

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you!

thank you all I read a lot of good advices and I will probably act this way.

vixenx78

vixenx78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks this was a good thread,,,
Very useful for me too...
Thanks to all who commented here,,,
I have been in a rough patch lately and have reduced my Bankroll a bit,, so been playing freerolls to bring it up a bit,, but to some of these responses,, thanks,,
Funny how a new prospective can help ya,,

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management