How do I combat being outdrawn consistently...

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the last maybe 10 games on poker stars it doesn't matter the strength of my holding....I get consistently outdrawn..

How can I combat this?

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
brother, I wish you patience, I can’t do anything for 2 months! the guys roll their faces on the clave and run over me

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For the last maybe 10 games on poker stars it doesn't matter the strength of my holding....I get consistently outdrawn..

How can I combat this?
Hi.
There are days like that. In such periods, it is best to simply take a break. In this way, you will save your money and nerves.
Good luck.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This could just be normal variance, or you could be limping too many hands or raising too small. Another possibility is you are not cbetting enough or large enough. Or you could just be playing too many weak hands.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You just need to figure out how to connect with the flop and choose your hands better. Ask @fundiver199 for his system.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

How can I combat this?
Quit pissing off Vicki Variance :ROFLMAO: Seriously, it is just a downswing and these will happen. I actually have been in one for more than A YEAR. I can not win a flip, I cannot hit a combo draw, I rarely flop a set, and when I do, someone draws and gets there with something he should have folded. This happens over and over and it gets very frustrating. I like to take breaks when I am frustrated, I also do not play as much and study more and then come bacl to the table with a better outlook. When it continues to happen, I just have to work through my hands (when I am in the proper mindset to do so)so that I can conform that I am playing optimally, if I am (because sometimes I am not) then I get back in there and keep playing my best. Always remember that there are statistical probabilities for a reason. You may get the short end of the stick forawhile but eventually it will all even out to those norms.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Maybe tighten up, don't leave it up to luck quite so much, learn your opponents ranges better.... or could just be good old variance, hard to say, gl👍

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you getting it in good, if so keep making good decisions, if your losing streak seems to be ehanced by loose calls, tighten up. focus on your play not your results & this will pass & yes, I realize it's easy to say.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would suggest tightening up your range, playing only in late position, and raising aggressively to price them out. If they call incorrectly and get lucky, there is nothing you can do.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

How can I combat this?

Simple answer is you can't!
You just need to take a break and come back another day, I would consider myself a reasonably good player and I get periods where I cannot cash in any game I try, I played 10+ tables one day and lost every one, I gave it up as a bad job, came back the next day played 8 games and won 6 and cashed in the other 2, There is no magic formulae that increases or decreases the chances of being out drawn, It's just the nature of the game.
You just have to suck it up, and try again, but if it is becoming a problem losing too much money, then drop down a level or two and keep an eye on your bankroll balance. Losing 10% of it really is sickening, but not the end of the World if you are left with 90% to fight back with. If you lose more than 10% over 10 games then I would say you are playing at the wrong level.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately no strategy can combat getting outdrawn by opponents. But its better to avoid going on tilt and making bad plays.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

How can I combat this?
It happens, it's poker. Once I couldn't win anything for 6 months, it was really annoying and I didn't know what to do about it. I decided to take a long break and it helped, but when I was resting I read some books and watched some poker training videos, which I think also helped. Try to take a break from poker, maybe it will help you)

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Not much different then advice others have given. All you can really do is keep making good decisions, tighten up a bit, get it in good and ride it out. If lasts too long I'd play less/maybe take a break. Keep studying though. Month or two come back and start playing again see how it goes.

Cheers!!!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, I would advice to review your hand history to see if you are making the right decisions. If yes, then you need to have patience because this is poker variance and will eventually happen to all players.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

How can I combat this?

Don't get yourself involved in bingo poker is the simple answer.

"I don't " doesn't cut it. As you obviously do.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't get yourself involved in bingo poker is the simple answer.

"I don't " doesn't cut it. As you obviously do.
That's very accusatory. What if he doesn't and just gets his pocket Kings outdrawn by donks?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet bigger before you get out drawn, make sure they pay to much to draw out on you ;):geek:

SouthBayPokerTour

SouthBayPokerTour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Increase your redline. Don't let draw heavy boards make it to showdown. In essence bet them out of the hand.

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

How can I combat this?
hello ))) the most important thing is to be confident in yourself and first try to play at least a card without a bluff)))) there are losses and wins, everything is just beginning))))) learn from mistakes)))

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise or check raise the flop? Big - not small.

It is worth a try.

Good luck !

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
You should adjust your starting hand range, play more aggressively and review hand histories to combat consistently being outdrawn

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe find a friend with one of those tracking programs look you up. Find the leak. Plug it.