How to deal with concentration issues

H

hiyatran

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe it is the background noises that gets you distracted, my friend had that same problem and he used an ear plug to drown out the noise, it help a lot.

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I actually do better when I have a few distractions. If I'm just focusing on a game, then I get too wrapped up in it and feel I always have to be doing something, so it's hard to let a hand go.

What I really need is a window that would pop up anytime I try to commit more than about 15% of my stack which says "Are you sure you want to do that?" [Yes] [No] [Hell No!]

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im having a hard time focusing whenever im playing. My mind keep drifting away, and i find myself daydreaming, surfing the web, watching sports highlights, playing computer games, scratching my sack ect when im supposed to follow the action on the table. So when the poker window pops up and i have a good hand, i know nothing about the players im up against.

Its not really a problem with patience with the hands im dealt or decision making, its strickly down to concentration and avoiding outside distractions. (I should probably mention that this is a general problem for me in life, not just poker).

So, anyone got the same problem? Anyone got some kind of solution? Advice, hints, tricks, jedi meditation exercises?
Ill take em all.

Make a game out of hand-reading, along with extensive note-taking.

As far as scratching sac goes.... perhaps take a shower before you begin playing... just sayin'...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can sooooooo relate to this lol. It helps to multi-table - when I am playing 4 tables I am forced to pay more attention. And a couple of times a week Adderall rocks lol ( I am ADHD).

But the biggest help I have found - is talking out loud to the players on the table. It might sound silly - but I look at their names and usually tweek them a bit and dare them to give me their chips, call my raises, etc. It keeps me in the game - and I notice what they are doing.

Umm..... what names have you been calling me on the tables? ('cry-baby', 'whiner', 'sore-loser', 'ego-donk', .......??)