How to? Charity Poker Tournament

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking for information on how to run a successful charity poker tournament.

My thought where to have it be a $100 rebuy. The first $100 would be 70/30. The 2nd $100 would only be 90/10.

If we had 60 players come out and 30 rebuy that would = $2100 for the charity. We also have some ideas on side bets and other money making ideas. Sell dinner, snacks, drinks, and such. Have SNG side games for those who bust out early.

I also have some acquaintances/friends that play poker for a living. One of which are extremely well known and sponsored by a large online poker room. My hope is that he would agree to be the honorary chair person for the event. With the proper publicity we might even double the entries and have more rebuys. We might even make $4/5K off the main tournament and then maybe another $1K off the side action. $6K would be very good for us on our first time.

BTW FYI - The Charity that I speak of is a Boys & Girls Club. I am the Teen Center Director and must fundraise my budget. The more money I have on hand the better the Teen Center is, the better the field trips are, the better everything for the most part. If you are local to Massachusetts and want to know when this event takes place PM me and I'll be sure to get back to you when I know.

If you don't think this is a good idea maybe too much be honest. I need input.