How big is your screen when you multi-tabling?

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got a 50 inch tv hooked up to pc, i dont like multitabling, i only play 2 tables, im usually doing something on the internet.

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
24 inch but 4 table is possible on 13" macbook/equivelant

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not sure what size my main monitor is, but its 24 inch at absolute maximum. i can tile 16 tables on it without overlap, but usually keep it at 12. and my other monitor comfortably fits 9, but unless im mass multitabling microstakes, i use it for 2 additional tables on half the screen, and keep the lobby open on the other half.

your insane doing 21-25 tables at a time (I wish you'd make a video just so I can see what goes through your mind when doing such a task).

As to the O.Ps original question, I have a 19inch monitor and do 12 with over lap

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have one 17in and one 19in. They remain the same size no matter how many tables I play.

:rolleyes:

U

United

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so cool that I use a 17 inch laptop monitor hooked up to a 20 inch LCD desktop screen.

OzRamos

OzRamos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada limits you to 4 tables and that's no problem on a surface pro (only 11")

But I use 3 screens for coding, so when I play I just put a table or two on each. If you have an HDMI TV, just plug your computer into that...I do, and it's far cheaper.

U

United

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada limits you to 4 tables and that's no problem on a surface pro (only 11")

But I use 3 screens for coding, so when I play I just put a table or two on each. If you have an HDMI TV, just plug your computer into that...I do, and it's far cheaper.
Wouldn't it be godly to do this, but with like a 50in+ tv?

POKER IN HI DEF

T

turtelliusshellius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently use a 17.4 in high res screen. However, when I multitable I cascade them and play a pretty tight standard format until after the bubble bursts. Once I'm in the money, I drag the screen into one of the 3 corners that isn't my cascade corner and open up my play. I also use a HUD (since I play on Carbon now they offer a HUD for free) to give me a bead on a player's style once I've reached the money. This allows for optimal outcomes because once I've cashed I'm playing to win, analyzing the play of my opponents at my table, taking notes, and all while still being able to multitable the other tourneys I've joined in my cascade. So anyone who tells you that you have to have a huge display or multiple monitors to multitable obviously hasn't figured out how to do it otherwise. I feel it all depends on your personal preference though. If you have the talent and vision to watch every player at every table, take notes at every table and take advantage of situations while multitabling, then maybe a big display is for you. I prefer my method personally, but if something like this doesn't work for you then try something new. Success in poker is about your personal comfort, so do whatever makes you comfortable.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldn't it be godly to do this, but with like a 50in+ tv?

POKER IN HI DEF
A lot of people do this, but a computer monitor is far more hi-def than a TV. A 50" HDTV is still limited to 1080p resolution which I consider bare minimum for any usable work on a PC. None of the monitors on my poker-playing machines are that low, the lowest is 1920x1200. Not to mention that a TV's DPI is poor compared to monitors, so very fine details become fuzzy and almost unreadable especially if you're playing at a comfortable distance from such a large display.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use 2 24 inch high res. screens that I purchased at a computer suplus store. The techs. at the store set them up so they are at eye level and tilted 10 degrees forward of vertical. this works for me.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean the words are too small to read? Do you mean on your HUD, as not sure what other words there are to read unless talking pot size and the bet amounts etc.

I have run up to 12 tables on a laptop, believe its 17inch, granted this was with overlap and stacking. but I can run 6 easily in tile and even 8 with overlay but able to keep an eye on most action if I wanted to. Depending on the # of tables your looking to run lots of people may run two monitors or stack their windows. I'd think 12 tables should run tile on a 24 inch monitor fairly easily (granted maybe a bit small as you indicate).
What I mean by saying too small to read is that the individual tables become watch to hard to see.I think you have great eyes by running up to 12 tables on a 17inch laptop.For me , may be I cant see the betting amount,pot ammount and other words of this kind on each table.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three 24" monitors at 1920x1200 resolution each.

It's the resolution that matters, not the physical size.
Oh.That is great.How many tables do you run most when multi-tabling with that three 24 monitors?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a 19" monitor and can play up to 12 tables at a time. I dont like tiling them, always stack them, find it a lot easier that way.
I used to use a 17" monitor and could still play 12 tables. I know a bigger monitor is always preferable but I dont really see it limits the amount of tables you can play. Well it doesnt for me.
How can you just stack these tables and dont lost them when its your turn to play?Just wait them pop up?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW there are many ways to multitable without extravagant monitor setups. By stacking and using table management software you can play theoretically unlimited tables on a low resolution laptop display and nothing else.

Even without full stacking, you can still increase your table capacity on limited desktop space by combining stacking, tiling, and/or overlapping tiles. Again, using table management software is a tremendous help with doing this.

I personally don't like stacking, preferring instead to tile. I like to be able to see at a glance what's going on at every table at once, and when multiple tables require my action at the same time it's a lot easier when tiling. I can tile 9 per monitor but prefer 6 per for comfort. At my peak, multitabling cash on FT before a -30BI swing made me take a hiatus, I was playing 12-16 tables this way using 2 of 3 monitors. BTW my triple monitor setup was not done for poker, but for my job and other computer-related hobbies. But it certainly does come in handy for poker. These days I seldom play more than 8-9 tables, and usually 6 or 7. Largely because I couldn't play more if I wanted to given US player liquidity (unless I played across multiple networks) and the types of games I play now.
These are very useful softwares.Can you recommend some table management softwares by names?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently use a 17.4 in high res screen. However, when I multitable I cascade them and play a pretty tight standard format until after the bubble bursts. Once I'm in the money, I drag the screen into one of the 3 corners that isn't my cascade corner and open up my play. I also use a HUD (since I play on Carbon now they offer a HUD for free) to give me a bead on a player's style once I've reached the money. This allows for optimal outcomes because once I've cashed I'm playing to win, analyzing the play of my opponents at my table, taking notes, and all while still being able to multitable the other tourneys I've joined in my cascade. So anyone who tells you that you have to have a huge display or multiple monitors to multitable obviously hasn't figured out how to do it otherwise. I feel it all depends on your personal preference though. If you have the talent and vision to watch every player at every table, take notes at every table and take advantage of situations while multitabling, then maybe a big display is for you. I prefer my method personally, but if something like this doesn't work for you then try something new. Success in poker is about your personal comfort, so do whatever makes you comfortable.
You are great.I'll follow your words and try the method.And hope that will fit me one day.Lol.

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
when i multitable i use my laptop with it's 15,6 inch screen. i just put 10-20 tables behind each other and so i'm able to play a lot of tables together

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those of you looking for a cheap 1080p monitor to add to your laptop or single-monitor setup, PCMall has a sale today on a HP 23" 1080p LED monitor for $99.99 USD after $25 MIR. I won't link it here but go to PCMall.com and search for A6B85A8#ABA. Offer good through Nov 30th. For a new (non-refurb) name brand monitor that's a pretty good deal.

Oh.That is great.How many tables do you run most when multi-tabling with that three 24 monitors?
At my peak 16 was the most I played, however I quickly learned NOT to use all 3 monitors for tables because the distance my head had to swing back and forth at such a rapid pace put a serious hurting on my neck. So I used 2 monitors, tiling up to 9 tables each leaving lobbies, tracker, web browsers, etc. on the 3rd.

How can you just stack these tables and dont lost them when its your turn to play?Just wait them pop up?
Yes, tables pop to the top when it's your turn to act. Until then you really have no idea what's going on. Which is one reason I like tiling because I can sort of sub-consciously keep up with what's going in my peripheral vision or by just looking quickly across tables. Tiling works for me because I have enough monitors to support the tables I play (usually no more than 8 these days).

If you do stack more than a handful of tables, table management software is almost a must.

These are very useful softwares.Can you recommend some table management softwares by names?

There are a number of them, ranging from free AutoHotKey scripts to commercial tools. Table Ninja is probably the most well-known commercial one. I personally use TableDroid for its auto-layout feature and focus on tiling vs stacking. I don't really use its hotkey features or game controller support, since I tile a relatively small number of tables I don't have a problem entering my action manually. TableDroid also supports the US-facing rooms where I play, whereas Table Ninja focuses primarily on the major rooms like pokerstars and FullTilt.

imTheNuts2

imTheNuts2

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine gradually went from 19 to 23 and later to 27 inch. Can't imagine going to anything smaller than 23 now. My play ranges from 4 to 12-tabling.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a number of them, ranging from free AutoHotKey scripts to commercial tools. Table Ninja is probably the most well-known commercial one. I personally use TableDroid for its auto-layout feature and focus on tiling vs stacking. I don't really use its hotkey features or game controller support, since I tile a relatively small number of tables I don't have a problem entering my action manually. TableDroid also supports the US-facing rooms where I play, whereas Table Ninja focuses primarily on the major rooms like PokerStars and FullTilt.
Are those softwares you mentioned allowed by pokerstars?That would guarantee my acount not blocked.Thank you for your kindness helping me.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a dual monitor each measuring 28, so i guess i can easily accommodate more than 50 tables...But i only play 4 tables max at a time...I tried playing 10 tables at a time, but found out it was becoming a mess rather than enjoying poker...

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 27" monitor and play 8-12 tables at a time 1920x1200 resolution.Just bought it. Still i want to buy a 2560x1600 30'' because it is a huuugee difference. Problem is that it is 4 times more expensive:)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are those softwares you mentioned allowed by pokerstars?That would guarantee my acount not blocked.Thank you for your kindness helping me.
Of course. I'd never recommend, nor would we allow to be promoted on CC, any software that was banned from use on the major sites.

I have a dual monitor each measuring 28, so i guess i can easily accommodate more than 50 tables...But i only play 4 tables max at a time...I tried playing 10 tables at a time, but found out it was becoming a mess rather than enjoying poker...
Again, having a big monitor in physical size doesn't mean you can tile a lot more tables. Short of an extremely expensive 4K resolution display, there is no standard monitor that will let you tile 50 tables across two (or even three) of them. Tables don't scale that small, and long before they did they would become unreadable. Your 28" monitors are likely somewhere in between 1920x1080 to 2440x1400 resolution. About 9-12, 16 tops (12-16 being *really* tiny), is the most you can tile on one monitor of that resolution. You can squeeze a few more if you overlap them, but overlap much and you might as well stack.

Of course once you're stacking, you can play 50+ tables (Elky's record still stands at around 72 I think) on any single monitor of any resolution.