How best to increase $28

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put $11 into my stars account yesterday so i could play the $3+R managed to doble rebuy at the beginning and an add on then cashed for $20, ive played a few one table $1 SnG's STT and got it up to $28 but i was wanting to know what do you think would be the best way to increase this, bearing in mind for some reason i just hemoridge cash on cash tables im a deffinate Tournament player but i want to practice good bankroll management too.

Cheers
Daleyboy

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play some $0.25 90 Player Sit n gos.
That would be the safest way to build up your stack if you don't want to risk much.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I put $11 into my stars account yesterday so i could play the $3+R...im a deffinate Tournament player but i want to practice good Bankroll management too.
Risking full BR on a tournament is not practicing good BRM.

Anyway, with your $28 I think starting with the .25 90-seat SNGs are a bit low and not very profitable for the amount of time need to play complete them. Though, the .25 [$100 added] MTT's pay nicely for a small buy-in. I would stick with the $1 9-18-27-45 seat SNGs to build your BR up and move on from there. They also have $1 1k-3K MTT's running all day as well.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Risking full BR on a tournament is not practicing good BRM.

Anyway, with your $28 I think starting with the .25 90-seat SNGs are a bit low and not very profitable for the amount of time need to play complete them. Though, the .25 [$100 added] MTT's pay nicely for a small buy-in. I would stick with the $1 9-18-27-45 seat SNGs to build your BR up and move on from there. They also have $1 1k-3K MTT's running all day as well.

i think he put $ in just for the MTT alone

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stars $0.25 games are pretty soft, top 7 get paid but you need top 3 to make it worth the hour/90 mins taken to reach the cash.
Your best bet at the moment (although perhaps a little low-rolled) is the 10 seat double or nothing games. They are pretty easy at the $1 turbo level, and you should be hitting over 50% if you are a sensible player.
I know you say you heamorage money on the cash tables, but that is down to hand selection and self-discipline! Maybe hit the micro's for min buy in and play a hit-and-run strategy. Camp for a strong hand (A J + imo) and quit after a double up. That will help boost your bankroll a bit, once you hit $50 you're plenty rolled for the $1 multi table SnG's and MTT's. Work on 50 buy in's to start with. Dont even consider higher stakes 'till you've hit 100. Nice result with the $20 win, but DONT risk your stack like that regularly, you'll be broke in no time. lol.
Best of luck buddy.

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a $25 MTT... thats good BRM isn't it? :D

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i put The $11 in for that alone, I dont know what my back up plan was like. ive been playing STT's and cash more than 50% of the time i would say but there just so bloody boring. ive played a few $1 tournys and ive finised 50th in a couple but after like 4 hours playing and you have made 5Dollars your kinda like huh, lol

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i put The $11 in for that alone, I dont know what my back up plan was like. ive been playing STT's and cash more than 50% of the time i would say but there just so bloody boring. ive played a few $1 tournys and ive finised 50th in a couple but after like 4 hours playing and you have made 5Dollars your kinda like huh, lol

Yeah... its kind of a sinking feeling. Especially when you then look at the payouts and see what you could have gotten if you just picked a better spot to shove all in :(

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like stars has some better options compared to full tilt as far as a small BR goes.

i would stick with the double or nothing tables as well long as you can comfortably win over 50% haha.

best of luck

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say use very strict BRM and buy into ring games with %5 of bankroll and tourneys with %2 of your total bankroll. Should make ya a winner :)

L

luzmaria

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to build your bankroll is def.cash games but if you are more for MTT as you say then look for some small buy ins tourneys and if you think they take time then play turbo games..poker stars has many games to chose betwen....i'm sure there's something for you 2 find :)

J

jamesdenson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol yea play the hyper turbos at ps takes anout half hour to finish a 960 player tourny start with 500 chips i think blinds go up every minute. fun to play but not much skill involved anyone can win like playing the lotto.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive managed to get it up to $40 by playing single table $1's and managed to cash in 3 MTT SNG's in a row last night, 1x $2.20-180, 1x$2.20-90player and 1x$1.10-90 player

so im drifting along nicely, should i keep going at this level do you think until i get to $100 until after $100 do you reckon?

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive managed to get it up to $40 by playing single table $1's and managed to cash in 3 MTT SNG's in a row last night, 1x $2.20-180, 1x$2.20-90player and 1x$1.10-90 player

so im drifting along nicely, should i keep going at this level do you think until i get to $100 until after $100 do you reckon?

I think you answered your own question. Stick with the $1/$2 MTT sng's you've been playing until you reach $100, then graduate to the $4 and so on. I think I'm going to have to follow that rule. My bankroll has scarely dropped below $100. Good luck.

Pickaface

Pickaface

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a winning CG player, you could start with NL2. 14 buyins should be enough if you're a winning player.

I did it two months ago with $26 I think after I withdrew my bankroll and started all over again. It went pretty good, moved up to NL25 in a month with 25 buyins and now trying to get enough for NL50.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just thought i would let you know ive got my self up to $59.45 which im quite chuffed about it would have been more but ive lost about $15 on cash tables through suckouts. so i have decided to stick to tournaments. i treated my self to a $3 buy in yesterday because id been doing well and finished 87th out of over 3000 cashing for $14 so im slightly pleased about that. ive been running hot recently ive cashed in 7 out of my last 9 MTT's so i hope this run continues for i dunno the next 20years lol