How about poker in the Olympics?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you think it is possible in the near future, as his popularity grows in poker, that he will be represented at the Olympic Games?

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nope. Nor any other card games.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No we have enough sports in the olympics to be adding card games. What about monopoly?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, poker is more interesting than the Olympic Games.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just a suggestion, but once in a while it might be a good idea for members to search for a subject before they post.

In this case there have been multiple threads sounding the idea of poker in the Olympics with some comprehensive replies as to why the idea is likely a non-starter.

As of today there are, I believe, three new threads, not that this is an indication this is a 'serious' issue.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything is possible.
Maybe poker will one day be recognized as an Olympic sport, but I also think it's not fundamental. Poker is great fun for disciplined players, and I think that's enough.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
there can't be any games related to cards in the olympics because they say it's a game of luck or chance, poker still suffers a lot of prejudice because of that!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
that would be nice to see ...sure why not :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you think it is possible in the near future, as his popularity grows in poker, that he will be represented at the Olympic Games?

Due to human ignorance, maybe not.

Due to the luck factor.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, poker is not a sport. Poker is essentially a game of chance. But still, although this game is my favorite hobby, I don't think poker will be recognized as an Olympic sport, at least in the near future.

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Match Poker is a strand of Poker that has all the requirements to enter as an official sport in an Olympic competition. Following the structure of Texas Hold'em, the game, even being in person, does not have a physical deck, but electronic devices.

Alex.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every time I step out on the Vegas strip I think to myself, here I am a professional athlete in the mecca of sports, why does no one ask for my autograph?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think it would fly, but it would be really nice to see!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In our time, such a possibility is not ruled out.

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Yes, it would be good if it was considered a sport throughout the world, but each country has its interests, I see it as difficult!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a sport. In my opinion, poker deserves to be recognized as an Olympic sport. I don't think it will happen any time soon, but I believe it will happen someday.

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker shouldn't be added to the olympics, because poker is still gambling. During the olympics the athletes are responsible for themselves to win or lose. In poker Daniel Negreanu can catch every bluff made by bad players but still get a worse hand on the river and lose.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice idea .idnwill be very cloudy

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider that the option of playing poker in the Olympics is completely ruled out. First, there must be the conviction that poker is a sport, but many think that because it is a card game, poker is a game of chance.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is first and foremost a gamble. But as in sports and poker, everything is decided by the patience, discipline and skill of the player or athlete. The luck factor is also important, but the luck factor is what directly affects our entire personal lives. For me, poker is a gamble and I don't think poker will ever be recognized as an Olympic sport.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would probably get more views than something like equestrian - Pretty sure that the difficulty to incorporating it into the olympics is whether governments or the olympic regulatory body deems it as a sport or gambling (governments too - especially muslim countries). Its hard to see it because it happen because it would exclude a lot of nations