Hobby or way of earning?

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, poker is a hobby for me, I love this game, but is poker a hobby for you or more of a way to earn money? Is it possible for you to make a stable income?:):)

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it is still ab hobby, too :) I made a small amount of money but I am still far away from calling this a stable income. But I hope to change this one day :)

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My father loved to play cards and I inherited this feeling:):):)

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me now, the main income, though, I play micro-limits and so far everything is going well for me.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few people will make a living from poker, i most certainly don't look at the game as making a living. It really is just a hobby for me.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% hobby, but with hopes that it might make a small side income someday. I'm not sure if it will happen (time to put in volume etc.), but I'm confident in my ability to work on whatever I set my mind to :)

I'm currently using cardschat freerolls to build up a bankroll from scratch; it has been going well so far, but there is a big difference from freerolls to "money games" even if just micro-stakes ;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am sure that playing poker is possible to earn a stable income. For me, poker is also a hobby but I'm sure that in time my hobby will start to bring me a steady income.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker at the moment is an additional income, but everything can change.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hobby that makes earn some amount, more hobby, however.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. I can't imagine a day without playing poker but also i can't imagine that i don't earn on it.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite being a hobby in my case too, yes, I believe there are people who live off poker

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For now poker for me is my extra income.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A simple little hobby, a game, I handle it that way.
A couple of people are sure to make a living from it, congratulations to them, they know the random number generator for sure, because it is now possible to run into hands at poker tables online that is a scandal.
I notice that online poker sites look people stupid and milking well us.
I may have some kind of TAG at pokerstars because I still make it to good results the freeroll, but I just can't play in cash tournaments (it doesn't matter how I play tight, loose, aggressive ... etc) without falling out of before the big money in tournaments.
Joke..
I know it doesn't belong here, but I thought I'd write it out myself ... and now it's a better feeling. :)
Good luck all.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a hobby. I can't make money playing poker on a regular basis. But I would like to.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today, poker adds a lot to my income, but I still treat it as a lucrative hobby, we can put it that way. I still have a formal job, but poker is definitely the apple of my eye as the growth potential is better and more EV than my career with formal work. Maybe I'm a little afraid to take the next step out of the hobby thesis, who knows, maybe one day I'll get that title.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a fun game to play,,,we all think so,it can be frustrating at times,but i think because of that,the wins are that much sweeter,,, :rolleyes:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a little of both. Nice to play something you enjoy and can be rewarded monetarily for your efforts.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see poker as both things, for me is a hobby that offers the possibility of winning some extra income every month. I'm far from winning what I want to, but it's always nice to have some unexpected extra money.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

Hello everyone, poker is a hobby for me, I love this game, but is poker a hobby for you or more of a way to earn money? Is it possible for you to make a stable income?:):)
For me poker is a hobby, and it is a hobby that I love very much, but at the same time I certainly hope to win some day a large and significant amount of money
:D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
there is no question of income :)) .... hobby :)I would like to become an income but I don't think I have the necessary talent or luck:)

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hobby for me too I never think that you can make money from poker unless you don’t go to Vegas to play a big tournament

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would say that if it is a hobby for me, the truth is that I could not earn money playing here. But what do you call earning money?