serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I love playing poker. But I never thought about turning a game into a job. Definitely a hobby.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would like it to be a profession and I try to take it as that

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi, how are you? I play as a hobby and for fun. Greetings and good hands.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It's been just a hobby for a few years now.
Before that, I lived on this for many years, but it was just enough.
I think I switched in time.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When you start playing professionally, poker stops being a game and becomes a livelihood. Amateurs may have trouble playing in the downswing, but after a session they leave poker behind and return to everyday life.It would be naive to think that the game will bring you as much pleasure when it turns from a hobby into a daily job. People lose interest in anything they do for too long; poker is no exception. Over time, you will lose interest in poker and your desire to play will become weaker. It won’t disappear completely, but at some points the game will feel more like a chore than a favorite pastime.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its a hobby, its pretty darn tough to make it a profession. I think making poker you main source of money is a bit foolish, because making gamble the main source of your income is never a good option no matter what.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hobby for me but i hope it will become profession in the future.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On-line it will always be a Hobby, I don't relish the Idea of a huge buy-in going down the drain when the Internet goes down.
Live Games, I used to treat more seriously but since the Lockdowns I play a lot less frequently than I used to, but I would never consider Poker as a Profession for me personally, Too much travelling involved.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker is a profession now almost 40% I used to play poker just to enjoy the game right now I play to make money when I can make big money I'll switch to poker completely this day has not come so I'm still striving for it

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For now, it's just a hobby, but if I continue with the results I'm getting, who knows, one day it could become a profession for me.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is definitely just a hobby. Maybe one day if I’m lucky enough, I can win a big tournament and transition into playing semi pro.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is a hobby but I have to make at least a little bit of money at it or I will do something else with my time. There have been some recent changes that make it less likely for a freeroller to make anything so my poker playing days might come to an end soon. About 8 years ago I quit online backgammon when most of the sites shut down and there was no money to be made.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hobby, but seeks to earn money with it, not enough to live on it, but enough to raise good money.

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It's a hobby I enjoy. Don't think I could ever do it as a profession, it's one a the few jobs where you can lose money. Playing for fun and trying to earn a little bit of extra cash on the side is enough for me.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello friends. What is poker for you? A hobby or a profession?
Poker is a hobby for me. Unfortunately, I will not be able to become a professional, I lack patience and discipline, but as a hobby poker suits me perfectly, brings me joy and satisfaction :)