The one hit wonder from downunder Joe Hachem

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What have i done :)-, what's that got to do with the question? anyways you answered it well and you think he's a god, i reckon you and him would look just super strolling down the beach holding hands as the sunsets on a balmy summer evening lol cya

What's the matter? Seems like you have severe inferiority complex towards Joe Hachem. I've stated in my post that I'm not his fan and I don't like him because I do get tired of his rants from time to time but you come back responding to me, making gay insults just because I don't believe he's a one-hit-wonder. Are you Philipp Gruissem? Or are you the guy who blew his balls so hard that you decided to come to this forum and create a thread to advertise him?

Yes, Philipp Gruissem is more consistent tourney player than Hachem. So what? There are many pro tourney players out there better than Hachem. What's your point? Elky, Hellmuth, Negreanu, Ivey, Joseph Cheong, etc.

F

Frankie6636

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you!! I think that video personafies how he is the best emering player in poker today.

Blackfeet888

Blackfeet888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the matter? Seems like you have severe inferiority complex towards Joe Hachem. I've stated in my post that I'm not his fan and I don't like him because I do get tired of his rants from time to time but you come back responding to me, making gay insults just because I don't believe he's a one-hit-wonder. Are you Philipp Gruissem? Or are you the guy who blew his balls so hard that you decided to come to this forum and create a thread to advertise him?

Yes, Philipp Gruissem is more consistent tourney player than Hachem. So what? There are many pro tourney players out there better than Hachem. What's your point? Elky, Hellmuth, Negreanu, Ivey, Joseph Cheong, etc.
That Joe is a solid player and a nice guy, i think he got lucky because he hasn't done enough since nor will he risk his capital on pursuing big cash games actually he is more into his poker academy and tv shows more the commercial easy money than the skill tests of the big games and buy ins, thats all it's my opinion, geez i though you would of calmed down by now after that long romantic stroll and all :)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that the OP is banned and thus can't reply, but I still wonder what an ME winner would have to do in order not to disappoint him. Even without his ME win, his career results would still be highly respectable IMO - more than all but a tiny % of poker players.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at least one has won more than once the sunday million

Massive MTT's are mainly about luck. That is why no one even comes close to repeating. Pros bomb out in day 1, etc.

one medical doctor has won twice the sunday million, in a frame of two years playing only sunday, has made him richer, than he already is from his profession and carrer,

the doctor started playing late in his life but has become a legend playing the sundays and profit from that

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never really saw him make any play that i could fault;and would say he has a solid game; and as we all know a solid game still needs to survive the luck of the draw

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe is definitely a great player, and great ambassador for the game we all love, POKER!

B

bonefisher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wiki article says in the final round of wsop he raised from 300k to 700k with
7♣ 3♠
who does that?
I'm new to poker but everything I've read says thats a really bad play.
Phil Helmut would freak out.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was friends with a girl named Wanda........

All she needed was one hit of the bong....................... and she was STONED

and we called her...................????????

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much what others have said - he's had other big scores since, so I don't think it's fair to call Salty Joe a one-hit wonder.

He doesn't play a whole heap of events either. Even when he was a sponsored Stars pro he'd only turn up for the last few weeks of the WSOP. He's hardly a grinder playing every tournament, so you need to factor that into the number of tournaments he has and hasn't won too.

Lastly, I don't think he's ever actually claimed to be the world's greatest poker player. I don't think anybody's ever claimed that on his behalf either, so you can't really say that he's "overrated" or anything because most people only rate him for what he is: a decent player who just happened to win the big one.

wiki article says in the final round of WSOP he raised from 300k to 700k with
7♣ 3♠
who does that?
I'm new to poker but everything I've read says thats a really bad play.
Phil Helmut would freak out.

At a full table sure, that's an awful hand. What you need to remember though is that the tournament was down to the last two players and when you're playing heads up, you need to play all sorts of hands. Having the button is much more powerful than having good cards in that situation.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from what i have seen is he is actually a good player

i think fossilman is a lot better but i think he may be one of the most underrated players around

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing that can be said unarguably about Joe Hachem is that he is a great ambassador of poker, not only in his home country but throughout the world.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that can be said unarguably about Joe Hachem is that he is a great ambassador of poker, not only in his home country but throughout the world.
seems like a nice guy honestly and for sure

peter eastgate didn't really do anything for the game