HiDahls Bounty Bank Buster Tourney

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i've seen this tourney lots on full tilt but had never played it. I'm kinda partial to the smaller field tournies with 30-50 players because the prize pools aren't that bad...and the play is mixed depending on the table. Lately i've been doing pretty decently in them.

Tonight I decided to try this tourney out. I'm still in the middle of it, writing this while the first break is going on.

I really think i'm playing a freeroll here based on the plays i've seen. Crazy amounts of all-ins with garbage hands, or hands with very weak kickers. One guy followed two all-in bets holding nothing more then queen/2 suited and fortunately he didn't get paid. I think part of it is because its a 25 cent bounty as well...i've seen people go all in...risking their whole tournament life here...over a quarter..pretty insane.

I'm in the final 20 of 85 players, with the top 10 getting paid. Hopefully i make ITM because the majority of these players really really don't deserve to win based on what i've seen,lol. Just playing a bit tight right now and making decisive plays when I can. I don't really have to raise much because the others will do it for me,lol.

On the plus side i added another straight flush to my list of winning hands. Flopped a straight...then it became a flush...then a str8 flush...was pretty cool. Took one guy down for all his chips with it too.

Its potentially a money making tourney if you play tight...and are ready for some serious bad beats because of bad play.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok...so i accomplished my mission... i made 8th place with 1 KO..for a $3.44 total win, and a net win of $1.69

Relatively small obviously, the top prize was 33 bucks. But I'm happy with my play in that i got ITM ahead of several others who I didn't think deserved to.

I was the bubble boy for quite awhile...had both tables watching me...waiting for my blood to spill. Had about 2500 in chips left and the antes hadn't started yet. Was dealt AQ and knew I was going all in pre-flop because otherwise I was getting chipped away. Had one caller...the chip leader who had about 25,000 chips and was playing ANY two cards. He made it possible to double up...which then put me in the final 10 and ITM...yay

Absolutely horrible play though on the part of most players..I think i'll definitely play this one again...easy pickings.

T

tlpactor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of bad players at that level

Hey Playedyou73,

I totally agree with you about the bad play coming from the lower priced tourneys. Especially if it's a bounty because all people want to do is go all-in and catch a lot of chips, so they can sit back and relax. If they fail, then they go to the next tourney and do it again. I play very tight in most of them tournaments also because if you do then your pretty much guaranteed to cash unless you don't hit nothing whatsoever. I have them days pretty regularly too.

Congrats on your cash, maybe small, but still a profit. Good luck in the next one.

tlpactor