Hero calls

K

killercon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i been bluffed alot i think. ive been making more calls. cause it seems when i get bluffed i get tilted. then my game goes awry. i hate getting bluffed espescially with a raise. so i made a hero call for a big pot wth just ace high. we were both on a flush draw that missed i was in position. i had AJ of clubs n he had KQ of clubs .in a2/5 game ipreflop raised to $50 he calls i was button n he was big blind. it flops 10 7 clubs 2 s. he checks i bet $75 he calls. the turn 2h. he checks i bet $200 hoping he would fold but he snap calls. im thinking he was prob on a draw the way he snap calls me. if he had a 10 or 2 he would have lead or raised im thinking so im hoping for a club just in case im wrong n hes got a pocket pair lower than 10s. well the river was a 5 h. he leads out for a big over bet of $800 i tank for a long time thinking about it when i noticed that he was actually sweating i could see that his glasses looked like they were fogging up. so i called n he says nice call i say what you got he shows n i show he said i cant believe you called i said i wasnt going to til i noticed your glasses were fogging up. well he took his glasses off n wiped them on his shirt. and he says to me that he noticed that to but didnt want to wipe them til i folded :D

Baba Orielly

Baba Orielly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BabaOrielly

bluffing is half the game! It's more about what the other players think you have than what you actually have. I tend to vary the way I play because reading how other people are playing is very important to be successful. My favorite bluff is playing like I have nothing, even with a nice pair. Going all in scares players away. I prefer to give them the opportunity to make big bets, or even go all in. It seems to me I get more in the pot by tagging along than throwing in a lot at first, then at the river when I go big, I'll often get called. Because of my delay in betting it lppks to the others that I'm bluffing:cool:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i been bluffed alot i think. ive been making more calls. cause it seems when i get bluffed i get tilted. then my game goes awry. i hate getting bluffed espescially with a raise. so i made a hero call for a big pot wth just ace high. we were both on a flush draw that missed i was in position. i had AJ of clubs n he had KQ of clubs .in a2/5 game ipreflop raised to $50 he calls i was button n he was big blind. it flops 10 7 clubs 2 s. he checks i bet $75 he calls. the turn 2h. he checks i bet $200 hoping he would fold but he snap calls. im thinking he was prob on a draw the way he snap calls me. if he had a 10 or 2 he would have lead or raised im thinking so im hoping for a club just in case im wrong n hes got a pocket pair lower than 10s. well the river was a 5 h. he leads out for a big over bet of $800 i tank for a long time thinking about it when i noticed that he was actually sweating i could see that his glasses looked like they were fogging up. so i called n he says nice call i say what you got he shows n i show he said i cant believe you called i said i wasnt going to til i noticed your glasses were fogging up. well he took his glasses off n wiped them on his shirt. and he says to me that he noticed that to but didnt want to wipe them til i folded :D
:) Funny story. This is why I love live poker over online; I can't see their glasses fogging up through a screen and you don't get this social interaction if not playing in-person.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool game, I read the opponent well, but I would rarely do it like you and I don’t advise you to always catch the opponent on a bluff

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you tell him what his tell is!?!

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done, definitely a hero call, but if you have a read you have a read. You should be careful about reads in general, but that one was so ridiculous you just had to go for it.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a good story..

When you make a hero call you feel powerfull, must be the second best feeling in poker (winning an all-in is the first)

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that hero calls have to be in very specific situations, once you recognized your rival's game pattern, it is to throw money in the trash, only pay if you already recognized their game pattern or see a very large tell