Help! October-fest jargon definitions please.

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to follow the thread, but I need a little help with your short forms please:
40K hands
100NL
3BB/100
HEM
nl200 HU atm

To 26 table simultaneously how are you displaying the screens? tile/cascade/overlaid?

How do you keep track of the action without getting run-over with all the windows popping up one on top of the other while you're trying to type a bet size in another one?

Thanks in advance.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool a spin off thread :)

I'm trying to follow the thread, but I need a little help with your short forms please:
40K hands

40,000 hands :)

$100 no limit, which means the blinds are .50c/$1 and the maximum buy-in is $100, double the blinds for 200nl and half for 50nl etc.

Win-rate of 3 Big Bets every 100 hands. A big bet is twice the big blind (which makes it more confusing).

So 3BB/100 at 100nl (where the big blind is $1) would be 3 x $2 = $6 every 100 hands.

Holdem manager, a piece of software to track hands and provide a heads up overlay on the screen while playing showing players statistics.

nl200 HU atm

No limit $200 Heads Up, at the moment :)

To 26 table simultaneously how are you displaying the screens? tile/cascade/overlaid?

How do you keep track of the action without getting run-over with all the windows popping up one on top of the other while you're trying to type a bet size in another one?

Mystery to me as well I just 4-6 table :)

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rex beat me to it, and frankly explains better than I do anway :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Rex explained the rest pretty well, but for this one I personally only 18-table (don't laugh at the only, there are several people who 24-table and some do 24 plus sngs on the side because 24's not enough). I tile them but there is overlap. Not sure what site you play on but for Stars it waits to pop another screen up before you're done on the current screen, so nothing would happen until after you've typed the bet size and hit bet.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks in advance.
LOL. I have a short video of me playing 24-tables. I'll have to put it back on megaupload when I get home, but I'll be happy to do so. Basically, I just overlap the tables all over each other and play as each one pops up.

As far as how I keep up with the action, I make very fast decisions and don't do anything fancy. Everything is ABC poker.

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies. I'll be following your Oct.-fe(a)st results. Feel free to add to this thread if there was anything critical I didn't know to ask.

Regards AAif

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies. I'll be following your Oct.-fe(a)st results. Feel free to add to this thread if there was anything critical I didn't know to ask.

Regards AAif

Feel free to join in and post too. The more the merrier :).

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more question....

How vital is tracker software to your overall results, and which one would you say has the most vital & user friendly information?

I tried to install PT3 with SQL once and it gave me a migrain.

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll look for now. I don't have the BR to goes balls-to-the-wall like you bunch.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll look for now. I don't have the BR to goes balls-to-the-wall like you bunch.

its not all about the levels you play

its just a fun discussion and is a good chance to get to know each other so go ahead and get involved
:D