pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u win the low with the lowest high card being used
9,8,7,6,5 is greater than 10,4,3,2,A
9 is lower than 10 thats why it wins

and u dont need to put a false title, someone will always reply at cc :)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol ok....not even sure what this was all about

N

new2pkr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thnx 4 that i thought it was the lowest card , i.e the a that wuda won :(

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u win the low with the lowest high card being used
9,8,7,6,5 is greater than 10,4,3,2,A
9 is lower than 10 thats why it wins

and u dont need to put a false title, someone will always reply at cc :)

Actually, pantin007 was right in principle, but somehow got the numbers wrong -- she is right in saying that the lowest high card of a low hand wins, but of course neither 9 or T would qualify for a low hand in Omaha. By the way, if there's a tie where two players both have (for example) a 7-high low hand, then the next lowest card is used to decide (e.g. 75432 beats 7632A), and so forth. I also agree w/ pantin007 that you shouldn't use deceiving titles for your posts. . . .

Ok, now that that's said, let's look at your example:
Your low hand was 8653A (as you correctly stated), while your opponent's low hand was 76532; his 7-high beats your 8-high for the low.

As you don't give suits or any additional background it's impossible to say what exactly went on in this hand, but aside from your starting hand being (at best) marginal -- meaning that you probably shouldn't have been in this hand in the first place -- you should hardly ever expect to win a low hand with an 8-high in Omaha H/L, as it is the weakest possible low hand, even if the rest of your low is very good (e.g. 8432A). This is ESPECIALLY true if the 8 is in your hand (as opposed to being on the board, where everyone might have to use it as part of their low hand).

Hope that helps . . . good luck at the tables!

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, pantin007 was right in principle, but somehow got the numbers wrong --he is right in saying that the lowest high card of a low hand wins, but of course neither 9 or T would qualify for a low hand in Omaha. By the way, if there's a tie where two players both have (for example) a 7-high low hand, then the next lowest card is used to decide (e.g. 75432 beats 7632A), and so forth. I also agree w/ pantin007 that you shouldn't use deceiving titles for your posts. . . .

Ok, now that that's said, let's look at your example:
Your low hand was 8653A (as you correctly stated), while your opponent's low hand was 76532; his 7-high beats your 8-high for the low.

As you don't give suits or any additional background it's impossible to say what exactly went on in this hand, but aside from your starting hand being (at best) marginal -- meaning that you probably shouldn't have been in this hand in the first place -- you should hardly ever expect to win a low hand with an 8-high in Omaha H/L, as it is the weakest possible low hand, even if the rest of your low is very good (e.g. 8432A). This is ESPECIALLY true if the 8 is in your hand (as opposed to being on the board, where everyone might have to use it as part of their low hand).

Hope that helps . . . good luck at the tables!
FYP
sry bout the numbers, im too accustom to playing razz and lowball :eek:

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
boooo...on this thread

B

bongswat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its lowest 5 cards however 76543 is better than 23458 because 7 is a better low does that help:rolleyes:

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wonder if he thinks thats me in my avatar................
switch0723 said:
Makes the thread worth imo

:D Well, I'm glad that my valiant efforts to help out a fellow player boiled down to this little bit of cheap entertainment. . . .

But just to clarify, NO, I didn't think that was your pic, pantin. (I do know who Annette Obrestad is and what she looks like, although I hope I won't run into her at a poker table anytime soon.) However, seeing the female avatar -- and not otherwise knowing who pantin007 is -- using a female article seemed like the natural choice. . . . Sorry about that, ok?!

(By the way, Billy, my little bull, is quite often mistaken for a cow at the poker table, so I guess I know how it feels. . . .) :p

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats wrong with the guys title????

speaking of false titles 90% of the avatars on here are fictitious to the displayer (me included)........ give the guy a break ya bunch of self rightious whiners.

peace

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ Dont comment on the matter unless you understand sarcasm and have properly read through thread :smile:

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll comment.....whenever and however I want....like everyone else my opinion might mean something to someone, somewhere, sometime.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no problem billy,

and riff and switch, where is da love? :D

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats wrong with the guys title????

speaking of false titles 90% of the avatars on here are fictitious to the displayer (me included)........ give the guy a break ya bunch of self rightious whiners.

peace

Well the original name of the title was something like "I won $10,000 with 10 2 off! :D"

P

PuffinNugs420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lowest hi card wins it

your highest low card was 8 and his highest low card was a 7. A 7 low beats an 8 low. if someone had A,2,3,5,7 and someone else had 2,3,4,5,6, then the 6 low would win the hand regardless if you had an A to start your lowest hand. Its the lowest last # that is used

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the original name of the title was something like "I won $10,000 with 10 2 off! :D"

well that explains it then......the title had changed before I first read the post....so um nevermind, I recant any remarks deemed offensive relating to this post. :angel:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands