help! dominating 10nl, can't beat 25nl

R

ra64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few months ago I moved up to 25nl after basically crushing 10nl at 40 big blinds/100.

At 25nl I've been totally flat. At my highest I was up about 100 profit but I just tilted and drop a few buyins, now I'm at -40 or so.

I started mixing in some 10nl while still working on 25nl and I continued to crush the 10 game and NO profit at 25.

so in 8000 hands at 10nl, I'm currently at 44.4 big blinds/100
5000 hands at 25nl, I'm currently at -3.6 big blinds/100

I know the sample size is small but I don't play that much.

Is this normal to see such a difference? I feel like everytime I get into a 10nl game I win without even trying, everytime I get into 25nl I just get beat and can't even explain it. I tried adapting my game a little as I find 25nl more aggressive. I feel like the players at 25 are better, but it doesn't seem like that big of a difference!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! any ideas?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no offense but like, 8k hands is so small of a sample size to judge anything, and 5k hands at 25nl.... same deal.

stay at 10nl and grind like 50k hands at least and see how well you do after that. You are right thought, there is little difference in the players.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st you need to realize that your sample size at both is tiny. You can not beat any level for 40bb/100 over any significant sample.

2nd I have plenty of experience with your exact issue. I've had the same thing happen when I moved to 50nl and again when I moved to 100nl. My issue is that I think the players at each level are better so I think they're "making moves" when they're generally not. As a result I tend to call down too light, barrel too often, ch/r way too much, 3bet too many steal attempts, and just generally become too aggressive (yes it can be a problem).

Best advice it to not change your game AT ALL when moving up. Play exactly the same way you do at 10nl. Give big bets the same credit you do at 10nl. Bet more for value than you do as bluffs. Basically just play ABC poker until you get a real feel for the level.

gl

R

ra64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice guys.

I agree it's a small sample but it took me 6 months to play those 13K hands! I only play 1-2 tables at a time.

Maybe I'm stupid but I know I might be on a heater in 10nl but I don't see how I could give back everything I made. I probably won't maintain 40bb/100 but I'm confident I am beating the game. I want to move up, especially if the next level is not supposed to be about the same difficulty!