Heads Up with Opponent Sitting Out

D

danieljoebob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
raise to get the chips most that sit out never show up to start with or are just blinding out to hopefully get in the money

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he just disconnected i give him 4 or 5 hands, then I takeoff, money is money, time is time. And if a player ask me for a minute, I'll give it.
Of course all that generosity goes out the window if i need a win real bad!

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its the opp falt for sitting out, get all the chips u can b4 he connects.

M

mikejm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we play to make money so i would not even give your opponent any time to return. take as many chips as you can as fast as you can. were not here to be generous and if your opponent gets mad well thats his problem.

KINGSIN

KINGSIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm, anyone who felt guilty about steeling the blind of an opp that wasnt there, umm stop playing poker right NOW, this is not your game, more importantly people who said if its your friend, wait, well thats wrong too. Im ruthless ive refuse to chop with my best friend of 20+ years, you are my enemy till the game is over.

oh and for you newbies just calling will fold your opp hand if hes not seated, however; if your in a three handed situation, raise, as the other opp may not realize the opp is not seated, as this happens to multitablers, also if the live opp limps, raise it so he doesnt catch on, that opp is gone. It may cost you a little, cause your probably folding this hand at some point, but it may allow you to keep steeling the blinds with your live opp, none the wiser.

DeadlyV18

DeadlyV18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd definitely instaminraise him!

Its not your fault that he lost his connection? It'd be too time consuming to just wait for him to get his connection running again.

Your target should be to finish the tourney/SnG before he returns!

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise every single chance as fast as u can and pray the blinds catch up fast!

TheUndesirable

TheUndesirable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely raising every hand and stealing the blinds, because HU, that's what I'm likely to try to do anyway. The more you wait, the higher the blinds get which means there is less play involved so as unfortunate for your opponent as it may be, your under on obligation to wait around so just raise and take it, and hope his connection stays down just a little longer.........

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy anwser. Raise every blind and thank god he's sitting out,lol.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no friends in poker. If your opponent doesn't show up, take everything you can get.

durden_tyler

durden_tyler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can fold of course. Then if you do, you should really start thinking about quitting poker ;)

chipSMOKE

chipSMOKE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hella hate when they sit out , it takes a long time until the game is over . Anyways , IMO I think you did the right thing.

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a no brainer, min raise and play as fast as you can.
As far as the second situation, if you talk about it with another player its collison and cheating.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with everybody. Doesn't a sitter insta-muck when you flat call? Why raise when a call does the same job. :D

Oh, and I'm all for being a gentleman at the table, but I'm stealing as many chips as I can before he returns.

I do not think so. I have been in many freerolls where people were late. If you just call the cards are dealt and then you have to bet to make the guy fold.;)

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If an player is sitting out take every chip.