Heads Up Collusion?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But then why did he play 72o?

Obviously because they were flipping, i.e. they both agreed to shove any two cards.

They have every right to agree on flipping when they meet each other in a HU match since it does not affect the other players in the tournament in any way.

They probably have good reasons to do it. Mostly because it frees up time for them to play against fishes instead of each other.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Huh? They're 75bb's deep.. how could this not look suspicious.

What does the sharkscope printout disprove? (Ability 93/100 is the same.. whatever that is.. or means??) BUT they appear to play in similiar games obv.

To the member mentioning about HU Sng players playing in teams... I get the idea here. Hmm... interesting.. never thought about that before (I'm pretty naive). At first when considering it I was thinking, "so what would be the advantage?" Reduce variance I suppose. Who knows, maybe it's the same guy playing on two computers,.. typing in 'gg' to himself as a joke.

Yeah, I was wondering what would be the advantage, too. Might as well just play HU 1 on 1 with others -- same result if you split the winnings. The only way it makes any sense is if it's the same guy.

On the other hand, some people just love shoving with 72. It's a kick when it wins.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first read your post, I agreed with you, but after thinking about it and reading some other replys, I changed my mind.
Even if they know each other, they still have to beat other opponents to get to the FT. If they decide to share the money, I don't think thats collusion. If you were all at a table together in a 6-man sng, and they were playing like that I would be upset.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucks that people are always looking for a way to beat the system, but it really impressive these shark scope facts you bring up.

I think I play a decent amount but Im only a one baord guy at a time and usually am spent after 3 or 4 MTT's in a day if I do well in 2 of them. and to see games near the 30,000 level really blows my mind and these dudes must be playing non stop.

Yea the guy going all in with the 72 doesnt look right and I cant fingure out why they would either especially at the buy in level yall are talking about. But im know these guys play in a different stratosphere then me as most people do but this may sound stupid, any chance the guy might have known the guy would only push that hard with AA AK KK QQ and figured he had as much a chance since both his cards would be live. I dont know. I really just hate the fact that besides having to play the player you have to play the group.

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think this is collusion. Full tilt has the option to "make a deal" and split the money.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again for the latecomers who haven't read the whole thread... ;)

Collusion is impossible in a HU match. Ergo, this was not collusion.

The sites won't even investigate HU reports in most cases, and flat out tell you so. When it's down to 2 players, they can only affect each other, and both have to be in agreement to do anything in the first place.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, same here. Hadn't thought about it. Would also be to avoid reg wars where they are just hurting their hourly by spending time with no edge. Guess the deal would be to only chop when they meet heads up in the final, not splitting all profit from tournaments they play together...or they would also avoid confrontations in the first round? By flipping and sending back difference at the end of the week or w/e it saves getting support involved in a chop. Obv easier to do on FulllTilt with the automation.

That's pretty much what i'm thinking. Two players who know each other well, basically dealing on the final table.. and it'd be pretty retarded trying to collude in a 4 man HU match.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There have been time where Im just plain goofing off at a game and pretty much so full of arrogance playing HU I don't know if its the feeling of invincibility or just that I don't really care if I loose, buyin being so small.

Don't get me wrong, this is a rarity.

But.

Im only doing this in a $1 or $2 game.

Point being, believe it or not there are lots of players out there who look at $100 or even $1,000 like I do $1. They have so much disposable income or are just plain smashed, this can be fun, for some.

Go figure.:trytofly:

wildjax

wildjax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And to think, i saw the thread title and all i thought was....oxymoron. Can collusion happen HU?!?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
believe it or not there are lots of players out there who look at $100 or even $1,000 like I do $1. They have so much disposable income or are just plain smashed, this can be fun, for some.

Go figure.:trytofly:

I would like to go figure this,..... if I could afford to...

B

buzzpaff

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Wondering ??

If you had won that first game, do you think you would be playing the other colluder, the one you just beat, or both. My guess would be both as they obviously weren't interested in playing against each other.