Haven't played in a while

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played in a few months, so tonight I was gonna try and sit down to get in the routine of things. Any tips for guys who have taken a leave of absence for awhile?

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, play to begin with on some microlimits to fill your hand and understand what's what and then everything will be as before! =)

stillgotouts

stillgotouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I love free rolls!
Micro limits are great but still require a deposit. I'm trying to build my bankroll from nothing at the moment.
The free rolls also let me mess up without wanting to punish myself too badly. I can let losses roll off my back very easily. Maybe you can do that with micro stakes!? Only you will know.

Youtube videos are great for learning, i'm playing friends heads up (over iMessage) throughout the day and doing at least 1 free roll a day on average.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have made a deposit then I'll recommend some micro sng 10c tournaments as a start. Play tight aggressive and it'll come back! Gl bro!

Shahzade

Shahzade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Freeroll or two might be helpful but with that being said watch out for everyone pushing in all their chips. Maybe a low buy-in MTT. In any case, just be patient and play the right hands. It will all come back to you pretty quick. Best of luck to you!

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice and gl wishes. I'll be sure to update how I do

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH: Stay absent :icon_chee
but if you made your decision, post some more and apply to the Freerollclub.
Play A LOT of freerolls just for fun and getting your brain back on track, and some small MTT or SnG's to train your ABC poker or whatever your strategy may be.

Welcome back!

soccer1996

soccer1996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in any case, do not immediately take the maximum, we must get involved and remember everything. skill is not going anywhere:):)

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the maximum that I have been without playing poker since my beginnings was a consecutive month .. due to personal problems I did not feel like opening my user ... luckily I went back to the ps cloths.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember the principles and tactics of the game.
There is no difference in your break. Rest is always needed.
:D

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls and go watch recent tournament videos to keep up with the moves and strategies.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Break and rest, always helps me. After a short break, I always play better, more focused, and allow fewer mistakes.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just start of with micro buyins :D I don`t really know any tips :) Don`t rush it!

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small small stakes, don't be too tempted to make a lot of money too early...try not to get too excited. Never does me favours when i sit down to play poker.

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I sat down last night and took 165th in ACR on demand freeroll. May try that a few more times tonight. But I felt good, just couldn't catch cards. On a funny note I counted 92o on the button three times in a row lol

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If playing free rolls play very slow and patient.

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with low buy-ins and play a TAG style until you start to get a feel for your style again. Good Luck!

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played in a few months, so tonight I was gonna try and sit down to get in the routine of things. Any tips for guys who have taken a leave of absence for awhile?

Fold 90% of your hands, at least until you get back into it.

Look up the top tier hands, there are some really helpful graphics on what hands are top tier and which to always fold:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142456801
8HzMVmwM3wqdhtnn3TzOy4TwKpe_XfgjcwSS5E2gNoxJ1GdE1yoAq_yCLLi-2WiqCZ7BFE0Z1Z89i8BAigJv5u6g5bIiwT2NDvyxCKgh6vyA4PxS5PVMQvHJE-LWdLZUK2ThLK0X

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the most important thing is to be as focused as possible on the game. Try to avoid mistakes.