Have you thought about quitting poker because you haven't been successful in a long time?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I did quit because I was not winning enough. Time is money.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am so passionate about poker that I keep playing despite losing
I didn't think about giving up playing, because firstly I play for fun, besides, I have pretty good results and in general I enjoy poker. If you regularly lose money, you should think about it, because it can lead to problems.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Every time I bust out that crosses my mind, but every time I think I am out, they pull me right back in

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I've never had that thought.

Occasionally I take a break but only because sometimes I don't feel like playing poker and would rather do something else.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It’s something that you supposedly love to do… it’s not always about the money … you have to separate it… if you play just for the money at some point it’s certain that you are gonna quit

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm so passionate about poker that I keep playing despite your losses. Relax, friend, and have a lot of fun! We live only once and, therefore, we win or lose at poker a limited number of times. Go make some tea and let's play freerolls all day! :cool:;)

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes few times but i love it so couldnt do it

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I will not quit, still like the game.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, more than 6 months ago I quit poker because I needed to relax my mind and recheck my movements at the tables. Those months helped me to refocus on my game.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, several times, but I always wake up the next day with more desire to win at poker!

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have moderate gains and I'm happy that way. I'm not giving up poker

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
We all always have a bad streak, if it lasts a long time see where your game is failing, we always lose it is because of the bad game it influences much more than bad luck
take a break and come back better prepared psychologically

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
There were many opportunities to do that, even when I had no profits and everything was lost throughout my life that I have been playing poker, but, that is where one dedicates more time and plays in a responsible, disciplined manner and after that come the successes, profits and more. Sometimes we go through bad or low moments but all that passes. Greetings

K

khancerberos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
I think most people are doing poorly but I never lose hope that luck will change

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
If it cost me to much i will play lower stakes...

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, I have definitely considered quitting poker at times. Although poker is an exciting game full of strategy, sometimes the results are not always favorable. It is important to recognize that poker is a game of skill, but there is also an element of luck involved.

After a series of bad streaks and losses, it is natural to question whether I should continue investing time and energy in poker. It can be frustrating to not see the desired results despite applying solid strategies and making informed decisions at the table. In those moments, it's crucial to reflect on my approach, analyze my mistakes, and evaluate whether I need to adjust my strategy or if it's time to take a break to recharge and come back with a renewed perspective.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No never. I like poker.
There was a time when I got a little bored with the game, but I didn't want to stop then either, I just gave myself more time for other things.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there were times that I though it was just a waste of time. Nowadays, I only play poker when I have nothing else better to do, so, it's like any other hobby. And all my other hobbies don't give me money, so, if I don't win playing poker it's ok (but of course I prefer to win...lol).

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I did, recently I had a great loose, but that's at the moment, the next day I wanted to recover myself haha

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After what seemed like nonstop beats (and building frustration )I quit online cash games and MTT to play the slots . Four accounts gradually went to zero . Sadly , my only hope now is freerolls !

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet, I try to control my bankroll well and since I don't have big losses I don't get to the point of thinking about whether to stop playing. I think losing the money in the bankroll would make me think about it.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
If you are passionate about poker but losing money overall, why not just play freerolls? There are free tournaments you can play everyday with CardsChat.

I wouldn't continue playing of I was losing money over the long term.