Have you played against a famous player?

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played next to Doug Polk a couple years ago on some 888 big tournament.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've yet to play against any famous / professional people. Maybe one day i will though. Although i will probably lose my money pretty quick, lol.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have, it was on Full Tilt and some pro was playing low stakes cash games for a bit, I took a screenshot, but it's probably lost now. It was really cool.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the day the old Hollywood poker had a celebrity bounty tourney and they had some celebrity players. I once took out Kato Kaelin and won $20 lol

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many has been in the same tournament with them but in the same table is the question.

no, it didn’t work out in one table, only in one tournament))

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a pro.

Full tilt days. I have 3 ko shirts pro lady, can't remember her name is but brotherher brother is a pro as well. and. Mr Phil ivy and lingstum I think was his last name. All pros are trappable.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with Pros'

I have played in Vegas at Bally's a few years ago in a Cash game, there were two professional players at the table, don't recall their names, however, they were congenial and easy going, not bullies. Sure enough my $500 lasted about 2 hours, which I considered pretty good before one of the pros took it all...lesson well learned ..they are in the business of winning and were patient and I'm sure calculating enough to learn my strategy and faults..it was fun though..

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play with well-known player but unfortunately in the tournament we played at different tables.

K

Kielnia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play with some famous celebrities but not poker. An actor, singer or someone like that

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full tilt days. I have 3 ko shirts pro lady, can't remember her name is but brotherher brother is a pro as well. and. Mr Phil ivy and lingstum I think was his last name. All pros are trappable.
I think you might be talking about Annie Duke. Her brother is Howard Lederer. lingstum might be Barry Greenstein?

Though they are all legends for one reason or another, it is really neat that you played with Phil Ivey.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to play with some famous celebrities but not poker. An actor, singer or someone like that
Would be cool to play with Jennifer Tilly!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When Hollywood Poker was around they had a few interesting people that may (or may not) have been who they said they were...Toby Maguire was not part of that;)

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I only played a 109 million tournament that could have crossed me but it did not happen, my tournament average is from 3 to 11 dollars

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with Patrik Antonius. Not so hard to play with pro)

Really???!:D Awesome!! Antonius is one of my fav Players..I enjoy watching him Play on YouTube a lot! I like how he sometimes slow Play Monsters or nuts..

where did you Play against him? Cashgame, Tournament? What was your Impression?

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
on full tilt lots of pros use to play cash tables all the time
I played phi ivory a few times he owned me

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but I really want to play against someone strong. I want to see how well I play. So far this is my goal, and my little dream. I hope I will one day play against someone, and I wish this to everyone.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I try to play a few of the wsop tournament every year and play against many famous players.

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OTB

I played some zoom 500 with OTB Red Baron on a couple of occasions. I don’t the $ to be playing that high but I like to take just the most ridiculous shots sometimes when I’m on a tear.

The whole zoom pool is just intensely well balanced in their play so you can get away with a couple stupid bluffs and get a good chunk of change for it but overall do not recommend

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of tournaments......Im pretty sure there was and good players and famous.......We don t know who is behind the MOUSE......I think i been played famous players. I would like to play against D.Negreanu or J. Chan.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in 2008 together with Raymer, Antonius and that aggressive young Italian player from that time (his I forgot :rolleyes:).

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately I have not played against known players yet, but I very much hope that I will play sometime

C

canopyrdcafe2019

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is going back to around 2009 I was atlantic city drunk as hell after playing a tournament i had like 500 left so i decdied to just sit 2/5 and play two hands and go all in and mess around.. I heard a voice at the table since i actually didnt look at any players and was amazed to see brad garrett there. needless to say i had much nore to drink and played a while and wound up getting tickets to his show.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No,but i wolud like to play.
I guess vs Daniel Negreanu,i know i wolud lost,but tath would be interesting lost :D

A

atalantos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not yet but the plan is to participate in an ept main event.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played in 2008 together with Raymer, Antonius and that aggressive young Italian player from that time (his I forgot :rolleyes:).

Only name that comes to mind from that time from Italy that was prominent on TV was Dario Minieri. He was hyper-aggressive, and always wore a scarf, and Norman Chad would refer to him as the Harry Potter of poker because of the scarves. Was it him?

As for me, I have played in SCOOP and the Sunday Million, and surely have run into professional players, but the one that stands out to me was when I busted Chris Ferguson out of a micro buy-in on Full Tilt back in the day. I got a T-Shirt for my efforts, and still have it to this day. That is the one that most stands out to me.