Chips
But it would be tactical part of the game, one fast, one slow

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't slow roll on purpose. Love it when others do - just make my note and move on as at some time they are going to try it again and i will be aware of their playing style,

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I have and it was by accident, I had many tables up online and I had AA in the BB and SB shoved, I then waited for a good 15 seconds before I called

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may have done it once or twice when I was younger, but even then it was more because I didn't know. Not that I was actually trying to do it. Personally, I hate slow rolling and I don't think it's good for the game. To me, it's the equivalent of spitting in someones face, which is the most disrespectful thing you can do.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know the answer to that question, you'd have to ask CC'er kcanuck.

:dontknow:

Not sure if you slowrolled me or just got distracted by something shiny again?:confused:

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online never
and only with friends live

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that slow roll is the worst thing. It just shows your disrespect. I extremely hate such people.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have and it was by accident, I had many tables up online and I had AA in the BB and SB shoved, I then waited for a good 15 seconds before I called

wait, that not a slowroll?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

wait, that not a slowroll?

In case someone somehow really considers folding AA there, it's not a slowroll.
If it is by accident, personally I wouldn't call it a slowroll.
In case you immediately know you will call and on purpose wait before doing so, it is a slowroll.

If you immediately know you will call, but wait a little while because doing so will secure you a higher payment though , I consider it a tactical decission.

The only times I remember doing a bit of slowrolling myself, was in cases where people all the time, after someone else thinking for 3 seconds, start chatting "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and in situations I described above.

Nb....think some people should have to find out the difference between slowplaying and slowrolling.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I surely did slow roll someone. I flopped quad nines on an A99 board & opponent had pocket Aces. The guy was a real jerk & was constantly verbally abusing other players & cursing throughout the session. It was a $1/2 NL game & when the river hit and over $500 was in the middle he slammed his cards down face up & started laughing at me & saying how I was such a fish. I said that's a good hand & he said damn right it is. I said I have 2 pair & before I could even finish my sentence he exclaimed well that doesn't beat a full house does it fish. I said sir I have a pair of nines on the board & a pair of nines in my hand & then I flipped my cards over. He got so mad he ended up being kicked out of the poker room for cursing so loud & threatening my life. He was banned for 1 week. I kindly informed him that I would have instantly flipped over my hand if he wouldn't have acted so rudely to everyone & that hopefully he will learn some manners.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
in our 'friendly' home game, we do it all the time. part of the 'fun'...

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched someone slowroll a royal..great fun..lol torture

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been accused of slow-rolling, but I was merely trying to establish if my hand was beat. I didn't have the stone cold nuts, but I hat top set against a potential straight. My opponent thought I delayed on purpose. Otherwise, I don't believe in slow rolls.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure who defined slow roll for you all but it can not happen online, its not possible. A slow roll is where you have ALREADY called the bet and wait to turn your hand over - has NOTHING to do with calling with the nuts...its a live action play only, and is very very rude - may even get you into a fight, I do not recommend it.

Taking your time calling anything online can mean anything - slow internet, slow computer, multi-tabling, not paying attention - if you read anything into it you will have issues in the future for sure.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did, but it is more interesting to watch how are pro's slowrolling.Vamplew vs Russian Idiot, so funny,