Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've played some freerolls and for some time I was at the table with pokerstars Team Pro players: Laurie Tournier, André Akkari and Rafael Moraes. I didn't eliminate them or be eliminated by them. It was fun but it doesn't even compare to playing in a "real" tournament.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well back in the day the players of full tilt would show up on the cash tables frequently... other then that no I've never played with a "celebrity"...

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I had the chance to see many Poker pros that we see on TV when I lived in NY and used to go very often to Atlantic City, especially during the special events but never sat at a table with one of them.
This one time however, I was playing a live tournament at the Borgata and I had to move to another table. They put me in seat 2. As soon as I got settled and started to look around, I saw, in seat 5, right in front of me, a celebrity, not a poker pro, but someone who was very famous at that particular time, it was Michael Phelps.

rastafario11

rastafario11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It would be wonderful to compete with great players. I would have played tournaments with Phill H, Daniel... old school, im from the third world

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Poker? Probably not since i wouldnt call some local streamer a celebrity :unsure:

However i played in some FIFA tournament 10+ years ago against some of our national team footballers ...

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever played with a star or celebrity at a table and how did they do?
I was once at the same 888 freeroll table as Jaack Maate. I folded J5s from early position which was a shame, as it would have taken him out and won me the $1000 bounty.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, it was a French and European star, named Roger Hairabedian, but it was normal and I didn't feel any difference. But he plays professionally and calmly, and he has fun at the same time, and he makes you pay attention to him and what he says, to the point that he takes the spotlight.
3d70f0740b

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
To play with celebrities, you need to play in large live tournaments, I don’t have that opportunity.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I played in the $25,000 Fenomeno Main Event two weeks ago and there I played a few hands at the same table with a player from Team PokerStars. I don't remember his nickname unfortunately, but he got eliminated. :D No, I didn't knock him out. :)

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
with real celebrity no but in pokerstars many times i played with PokerStars ambasadors Team Pro players

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have already played with several PokerStars Team Pro members at the tables.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, I played w/2004 wsop champion "Fossilman" Greg Raymer. Nice guy. He was in seat 5, I was in 7. I don't think he was used to "Texas" poker, as they refer to it here. I was able to semi-bluff him w/62 on a very wet board bereft of an ace but all the other ingredients for a straight were present, including a 6. It went from the flop bet/rse/call, bet/call, chk/bet/fold. I think he won 2 pots while we were seated together which was the first 2 levels and maybe 2 more after first break. Nothing against his play at all I just had position. Everyone else is just that, everyone else. :D

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I have no experience playing with celebrities because I play mostly small limits.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just online... :x with PokerStars ambassadors...

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Live only with Romanians, but online with many. On pokerstars I think I played against everyone.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
once i played against Jason Koon on fulltilt poker days, a celebrity never.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the day (2008?) they had a site called Hollywood Poker, and they had some celebrities.. I think they gave them free tickets to games to come and play. I once took out Kato Kalin in a bounty game for $20 :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play with celebrities every day. There are many celebrities in our community. There are those who consider themselves the best of the best and consider it necessary to teach everyone else at the table. And unfortunately, most of these self-confident donkeys from my country are from Ukraine :)

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
On live no but online a lot of times

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never had the opportunity to play at the table with a star but it's never too late.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, not yet but hopefully in the future yes. I have played with the pokerstars team but online, it would be wonderful to play with great professionals in a big tournament or live tables.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe I played without realizing who it was, anyway I hope I played well against him