Have You Ever Busted Your Bankroll in a Single Night?

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I’ve blown my bankroll several time as a freeroll player, namely I’ve blown my $30 of winnings in one go before. For more serious players I recommend only buying into tournaments with no more than 2% of your bankroll at the time. I did preserve my bankroll longer when I did that aka entering $.25 tournaments with around $15 of winnings

C

CCWannabe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2% eh? Don't know if I have that much patience to wait to play for bigger money. I'm gonna try 10% and see how it goes.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I've blown my bankroll several time as a freeroll player, specifically I've blown my $ 30 of winnings in one go before. For more serious players I recommend only buying into tournaments with no more than 2% of your bankroll at the time. I did preserve my bankroll longer when I did that aka entering $ .25 tournaments with around $ 15 of winnings
I think this is the truth lately I spend one, I can not find that patience that I had before, when in control I It goes very well, but when I have negative streaks, I bluff a lot and it is what I always lose, and I try to bet on lower value tournaments, so I take confidence, as it creates fear after playing, higher value tournaments.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I never play more than I can !!
Tilt is real, I take this so serious that I after a really good hand or a bad beat I just quit for a roll to put my head on place.
I think I should take your example since in bad streaks I come back for the same tournament so I can win it and I'm not done giving me another blow, I hate my behavior so I'll try to change what they would advise me

J

jamesbeards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Busted my Bankroll a few times need to learn when on a bad streak to stop and keep learning

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will not deny that I have already risked my entire bankroll.
However now, I am focused and in control, being that I am recovering from freeroll as well as playing sit in go that do not risk my bankroll.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to happen to me quite often, until I realised that when you start losing you're on a slippery slope and it's time to quit that session

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Busted my Bankroll a few times need to learn when on a bad streak to stop and keep learning

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have and I am pretty sure it has happened to most and the best of us. Weather it is out of frustration or just not giving up. You have to learn from your mistakes it is best to set an amount to play with for the day and stick with that win, lose, or draw.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope.
Thanks god I know how to manage my bankroll.

N

nutzing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
busting bankroll in a single night is what i do best lol

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Came very close to it once, When I had been out drinking all night and came home, fancied a $5.00 game and registered for a $50 game by mistake, cost me half my small bankroll and went to bed.

Got it all back through grinding small stakes sit and go but was a sicken-er.

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Busted bankroll

Yes I have done this a couple times but my bankroll wasn’t much so it’s ok ! Ahahahhaa :rolleyes::confused::D:D:):eek:

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never go broke unless I can no longer beat the lowest limit available. I strictly manage my bankroll with 100 buy-ins. As I win, I'll move up in limits. If I have a losing streak, I'll move down limits if my bankroll drops below the level I'm playing at. The main reason I manage my bankroll very conservatively, is that it helps me play consistently. If I play above my limits, I'm probably going to play scared and lose. If I play below my limits, I'm probably going to play too loose and sloppy and lose. I have found that 100 buy-ins is the perfect amount for my bankroll for me to be invested the right amount to play at my best.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I've already lost $200 in a single night, but all the difficulties served me to mature, and today I've dealt with losses much better. Currently, when losing, I always think that I'll recover the money, and that it doesn't necessarily have to be recovered on the same day.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth happened to me twice from losing all my bank after those times I controlled myself a lot but there are times that I want to relapse thank God until now surviving

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello friends!
I never had a decent bankroll. So I've already broken it several times. So I chose to play only tournaments. If I don't earn anything, at least when I leave, I'm already exhausted and going to sleep.
Playing cash game I lose everything very quickly.​

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't have a lot of money in my account and I try to play more free tournaments! So the times I lost I didn't lose much! If I stay at 0 many times, but I never had important values

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never....

I believe that spending all the funds in a single night is having or been in a very high emotional stress, either from frustration or impotence to be able to achieve good results and to think that if the next play will go much better, it will be a very bad decision. That is why it is advisable to be as calm and healthy as possible, and later the results will come by themselves. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many many times, mostly bad beats....I still can't manage my bankroll to this day. I lose a game from a cooler? I try again. and it happens again, u try again and then repeat....I have a problem when to stop...

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pfff many times !! The important thing is that it serves as experience ... You learn from mistakes.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn’t lose my bankroll overnight, but I had several times when I lost 5-10 cash games, you just need to stop in time and take a break, but this is easy to advise, but difficult to do.:(:)

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my honest opinion there are two main reasons why a solid reg loses at a given time in a vacuum:
1.Because of luck (Running KK into AA or getting his AA cracked by a set etc...)
2.Not playing his A game (This might happen due to tiredness, exhaustion, etc...)
We as homo sapiens have limited thinking and focusing capabilities.
That's why keeping sessions short and having mandatory breaks between sessions should help. Also as Colin Moshman says again and again and I can't agree more: 'one shall have one study session for each of his playing session'.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management