Guys, I'm below $20 and...

pokertime911

pokertime911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit that you are right ND I have been a little cocky, im mostly just happy what I have accomplished in the past months and rid myself from the low levels of poker. I just have a different way of thinking when your low on funds.

sorry again

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ND,
Nice posts...

I'd be working the smallest ring games and probably forget about SnG's for the time being. Picking up some extra br at a freeroll is not so bad either, just time consuming and frustratingly bad play to work your way through. Main thing is to have patience and practice br management as close as you can and soon you'll be building your br up. You got the right mindset for the task and that is the toughest part for people after a downswing.

Do you play the CC freerolls? They are a great place to get some br help because you're not against a gazzilion people, only a few hundred.

Best of luck to ya!

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apology accepted.

Thanks again guys. Oh and I only played in the FTP freeroll which is considerably larger than the UB one. I fell asleep after registering this week for both, because I'm used to the FTP one being earlier in the day and on Saturday + playing later at night in general.

I placed 69th in my sleep for UB which might be a good indicator of how well I can do if I manage to stay awake.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh was gonna say, most of the big name live pros are down when it comes to online play. The online game seems to have changed an awful lot since the likes of Lindgren started multi-tabling about a decade ago. They seem to be trying to find the right online strategy + style. I figure it evens out since a lot of folks get really cocky about their online play and take their money too high up in live games.

There seems to be a trickle up theory to poker, heck life in general. So they get it back. Just not online.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that they get paid to play, win or lose. The ones on Team Full Tilt supposedly get around $100k just to sit and play. They're kind of like famous shills. Or in the case of the ones who mostly just play in the really big games, side show attractions. It's kind of like going to the aquarium and watching the sharks swim in the tank. Kind of...

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
N.D. I too play at UB, but I recently opened an account at Pokertime. They give you $10 just for opening. If you win & want to make a withdrawal, you will have to earn enough points and make a small deposit. I started with the $10, and have been fortunate enough to get my br up to over $500 in a couple of months. I made a small deposit and cashed out some winnings. It's worth a shot. If I had your email, I'd refer you.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
N.D. I too play at Ultimatebet, but I recently opened an account at Pokertime. They give you $10 just for opening. If you win & want to make a withdrawal, you will have to earn enough points and make a small deposit. I started with the $10, and have been fortunate enough to get my br up to over $500 in a couple of months. I made a small deposit and cashed out some winnings. It's worth a shot. If I had your email, I'd refer you.

The problem with pokertime right now is that they are going private. (?) Not really sure if that means an eventual break with microgaming or not. But for now they don't have hardly any games up. No ten player tables at the low levels and very few tournaments. So their ten bucks is almost worthless. You can find a 6 nl player low level buy in but forget about limit games where most new players should play. Yes they do still have the cheapest sit n gos on the planet and if you play there long enough you could make a bankroll.:):)

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so I spotted some major leaks and also what put me into a spiral...

Long story short, my biggest weakness is being stubborn. I'm working on it.

A quick reminder to myself and all, observation is your cheapest and best weapon. Never underestimate the power and value of reconnaisance.

Now if I can just get the hang of shutting out distractions...

Okay so I'm no expert, and recon might not be your best weapon, but it is very valuable :).

W

wasda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low buy ins, you probally can beat the high stakes but the varience for you with such a small roll would be too high, so tighten up that lip and play :D

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello...

Under $20! High stakes is a pipe dream at this point...

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello...

Under $20! High stakes is a pipe dream at this point...

Don't give up ! Just keep playing what you're comfortable at and grind it out.
I've heard many people here say $20 is a bit too low to start and $50 or $100 is better to account for variance and all that. But what if you can't afford/want to/not capable to deposit that kind of money ?

I'm sure you'll be able to make a profit if you put your mind to it and stay disciplined. If not today than maybe tomorrow, or after you got a new deposit made. Anyways just remember I have faith in you and keep on grindin' ! :D