The greatest example of a recreational player winning a tournament - to me.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This player for me is the biggest inspiration in poker.
Sebastian Malec is a Polish recreational player who went from being a poker fan to being one of the finalists in the Main Event in Barcelona, after winning his spot for 27 Euros.

Do you remember any other recreational player who achieved a great feat?
For me, this is the greatest example and inspiration in poker.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Chris Moneymaker in 2003 won wsop with $86 entry. He went from anonymous/recreational to one of the best of all time in my opinion :D

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are many. They are the biggest percentage at almost any tournament.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
a lot of fans win tournaments every day we just don't hear about them or we don't want to hear about them so this happens every day fans are also lucky at poker and they beat even professional players just today is their day and so they are destined to win

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Legend,one day i made 270$ out of few stars coin in satelite,i won big 11,felt so awesome
go for the gold
God bless

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
By playing recreationally, you also build knowledge and gain experience, so I'm not surprised that a random unknown player won in a larger tournament. You are limited only by your own weaknesses and uncertainty of choice, get rid of this and you will play on equal terms with the best. In fact, everyone who wins their first big tournament is not there by accident, they already have more or less experience and their goal is to go as far as possible, sometimes to the very top.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Idk man happens everyday multiple times a day online at every stake level. Majority of most MTT's fields are rec/hobby players that have full-time jobs in real life.

FWIW the greatest example of this is Chris Moneymaker. He turned a sat win into WSOP Main Event win.

Cheers!!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The poker world has many success stories where players have become incredibly rich in just a day or two.It all depends on you - namely, on how hard you are willing to study and work on the game. And not only technically, but also psychologically.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's always good to see these examples to serve as motivation.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Nice! This should give hope to anyone who has this dream!

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you know the names of other recreational players who reached a final table besides Chris Moneymaker and Sebastian Malec?