Good Chess Players at Poker or Myth?

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
chess and poker are somewhat similar, and there and there the strategy, especially in tournaments, also requires a mathematical calculation that it is impossible to win a game without this ...

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible that the issue of concentration helps, but more than anything I think it is the mental agility and the good reading they make of the table, the movements that the opponents make and the key moments to attack.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was more so the backgammon pros that switched to poker. Gus Hansen, Paul Magriel, Erik Seidel, Dan Harrington, Lars Trabolt and many many more.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have found many chess players at the poker tables and they have a good performance since they have the ability to do good analysis with a lot of patience and in the end they end up liking poker more and they abandon chess since poker can get out of it. profit and make a living from it, something that you see very little in chess, also that poker generates more passion and madness since it is like an art to try to guess the cards that your opponents carry.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with chess and some other RTS games like Starcraft before I found poker. I think there is definitely some crossover between the two.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there definitely are some similarities but doesn't mean its a fact . both games need their on learning time put into them .