Give up poker

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I want to quit playing when I lose but then I understand that I can not without it for me it's hobbies and entertainment.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At what point do you give up poker and spend quaility time with your family?
The family is the most important. If you are not giving them the importance that they deserve and instead of that you are spending more time in poker you have a problem. The best poker players organise their time to play and enjoy with their family. After all when you have a long period of bad beats of you don't have good results in your game they will be there with you for supporting you .

O

Ospiel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Balance

You should never have to give up something you love, but finding the balance can be difficult. Luckily poker is far more forgiving than wives seem to be.​

AlanKakimoto

AlanKakimoto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At what point do you give up poker and spend quaility time with your family?

I feel if you asking yourself this question, then its at that point where you need to spend more quality time with your family. Now i can be totally off with where you are in your poker and family priorities, but to me a question asked in this manner is someone who knows they have a problem and is aware of it and is trying to be better themselves.

Also you will be amaze with how much you can improve in your game when you take time off and absorb everything in. Constantly grinding can be detrimental to your game if you're not at the optimal mindset.

good luck!