Getting reactions

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's the type of person to show the bluff after?
Share your stories here.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally never show my cards. If I do, it is because I sometimes show what I folded after the action is over. I don't do this often, but I do it sometimes. I might show an AA if everyone folds to me, but only because it is funny that it didn't get any action. I very rarely show bluffs, because if I am playing bluffs that hit, I am already forced to show those at showdown anyway. And that's enough for players to know I will bluff sometimes. I don't want to add more to their perceived stats on me. I might do it though if I need to create a perception on me at a certain table, where that could work to my advantage somehow, but this too would be rare.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Share your stories here.

I never show my cards. In no case. I think this is superfluous information for my opponent. In my opinion, the less aware our opponent is, the better for us.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Share your stories here.

Ideally, when you're playing competitively, you never show your hand.

But sometimes, there are players who are extremely big in chips, and to emotionally destabilize, showing a card from a strong hand, implying that you were bluffing, can put the opponent on tilt, making him throw up the chips.

Something to study and think about how to apply.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing your bluffs is a bad move therefor bad players show their bluffs but there are always exceptions. I'd rather show my good hands than bluffs

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Giving out free information in online poker seems silly to me. Even if you are playing someone you regularly compete against, you have no idea if they are laser focused on the game, or if they are trying to explain to the wife why there are a pair of panties in your briefcase or asking your kids why you are smelling smoke. Lack of information is power.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I usually do not show my cards. However I might show a strong hand from time to time to solidify my image of a tight player. But I do this rarely and only if I feel, that this makes sense.