Getting Good at Poker Without Playing Poker?

M

mbrown1025

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me almost 2 years to get to a final table when I first started playing 15 years ago. I still struggle with me approach, changing up every now and then to freshen my play. Watching poker on TV - or videos of professionals:) seem to do a lot for me Good luck!

E

earthling11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
geting in time game play is the best way to get better.. and learning to control tilts. if you can control going on tilt you up your game from 3/10 to 7/10... who agrees?

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study watch videos/streams read books all are great methods but none of that will trump experience at the table in the long run..If you can play any online poker or home games I highly recommend it

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting Good at Poker Without Playing Poker?

Gaining a good poker education and watching video's does have it's place in becoming a good player, but nothing trumps experience.

I have found some general poker advice I picked up was useful at certain levels, but not others. It would work on one poker site, but things would be different at another.

While there are key things you can learn you always need to adjust to the variances that you find while playing the actual game.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was taught to play poker at 11 years old,,, I didn't learn how to play poker until I was 60 years old.