Getting Bodogged

M

Mystroman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I am calling it from now on. I have KJ suited. I call BB next to me calls, BB checks. Flop KJ4, BB checks I bet pot. next to me calls, BB calls 10 on turn I make 1/2 pot, call by next BB all in, I reluctanly call and next to me calls A on river. BB shows QQ next shows Q8. two straights for split and I am done. This is happening quite often not just to me. Did I make a major mistake or just unlucky. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You couldnt have gotten out of it tbh..

The problem with 2 pair like K J is you are open to a set, and as the board panned out, straight draws as well.

I personally would have been very worried the moment the 10 turned over. Its always likely someone will hold AQ.

Two pair is a nice hand, but in that situation ( and I've been there so many times myself ) discretion is the better part of valour, and there is no shame in folding. You may well have the best hand but theres too many risks to put your entire stacki in...

So I personally would have stopped putting into the pot the moment the A turned up...

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada