Gambling terms for life?

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone give people advice like I do using poker logic?

A friend of mine was having some relationship troubles and came to me to vent. He was married for a year but they seemed to lose the spark. They had financial problems, they argued over little things, they questioned each other constantly. It seemed pretty bad but he showed genuine love and just wanted happiness for both of them. He tried alot of things but it wasnt the life he expected and was losing faith. I have gone through many ups and downs myself so I just listened patiently and payed mind to his emotions body language and tone. When he finished there was a moment of silence before I asked if he wanted to hear my perspective and opinion he said I would love nothing more than to hear anything from one of my brothers.

I told him man I remember playing at this 5-10 game once and I got delt queens in the small blind. First guy folded the second made it 40 the next two folded I popped it to 120 BB folded other guy called. Flop came K, 4,6 he took his time and bet 200 I called next came 4 he bet 300 I called last card 9. The guy took forever to decide to go all In and I instantly called flipped my queens and he mucked.

My friend looked at me red in the face and said your an asshole you know that.. I'm over here pouring my heart out and you think always talking about your stupid poker.

I calmly said what did I say to offend you?

He said you didnt listen all you care about is that game.

I shook my head and said my dear friend let me explain in normie lamen terms what I mean

I said I started the hand with a top notch hand and I love my queens so when it was my turn I reraised this guy to show I meant business and protect my queen. The flop was ify because of an over card he bet but I had faith in my hand because I have faith in myself first and my reading abilities. The dude would have most likely checked to me if he is decent and pay attention. My next card came and didnt worry me because the bet he made was kind of an continuation size I felt he would have checked if he hit trips and the blank river was good but he made a huge over bet and he was the type that would have worried me more with a smaller half pot bet so I didnt hesitate called and flipped my queens over and won a huge pot

He said you son of bitch I never talking to you again you always playing games kiss my ass!!

I said man lol i am always misunderstood by all my friends and one thing you didnt do is let me finish explaining! You didnt let me tell you why. So I said I know when I have a good catch and I invested in my queen. There was a chance that guy had a king or trips but I had confidence in me and my queen and it payed off big time to have patience and capitalize on my opportunity.
Just like you being married is an investment you made with someone you love and you could let life scare you or bluff you but I'm gonna always protect my queens and ride it out brother.

He thanked me got his confidence boost got a better job strengthened his marriage and asked if I teach him poker so he had a hobby! That was 20 years ago. They still happy ever after :)

Ty for reading

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling