Gambling Question

IveGot0uts

IveGot0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone give Nexus6 a SuperSpammer award of some sort so he will shut the hell up?

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everyone,
My questions to everyone are: What does it take to build one’s skills as a poker player? What types of behaviours help prevent a gambling problem when it comes to poker?
Thanks,
Kevin

What does it take to build one’s skills as a poker player?

Time and patience. You must be willing to study and reflect as well as play. Winning players may spend as much of their time going over data, reading books and articles, posting online, etc. as they do actually playing.

What types of behaviours help prevent a gambling problem when it comes to poker?

The exact same behavior that prevents other kinds of addiction. As mentioned before in this thread, gambling is seldom a lone addiction. Problem gamblers tend to have addictive personalities. Players who get a rush or excitement from the risk/reward part of the game are prime candidates for becoming problem gamblers. Important traits include:

• ability to think long-term. (stop thinking only about how you've done today)
  • ability to cut-and-run. (stop playing when you can't win)
  • ability to make sound decisions (stop betting with your guts, use your brain)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing is out dated when it comes to the understanding of the universe .

Yes, let's not rule anything out. The planet may be flat and carried on the backs of four elephants standing on a turtle.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are my thoughts. Most ideas have a foundation in someone else's ideas, standing on the shoulders of giants and so on, so I identified where some of my thoughts came from.

Nice then ... Have a great holiday and see you on the tables .. I am istan on pokerstars .. Make sure to say hi .. If it's raining this weekend I will check out those people you mentioned and have some reading time .. Thanks for the info ...

Last edited:
Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling