Gambling Laws...

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i have nooo idea how the gambling laws work in the US, could anyone inform me, on the legalities of internet poker, because quite frankly, i dont wanna luck out one day and hit big , and somehow get in trouble, so if anyone could give me some insight as to the gambling laws and whats what, i would appreciate it. :)

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as far as poker goes there seems to be some states that ban it, for instance in the state of WA. it is a felony to play online poker, but here in CA it is legal, so check you local state laws just to be sure, as far as winning the big one, I would not sweat that, the only thing you really have to worry about if you do hit the big one, is make sure you pay your taxes. I cannot recall one person yet that has been taken to court over playing poker online, personally I think they are scaring people cause they do not want this to go to the higher courts, I think the courts would rule in our favor. It would be nice though if they did arrest someone and they put up a good fight, cause this whole online gambling thing is very hypocritical, you can gamble on horses and lotto and keno and god knows how many other state run games you can play, yet no online poker.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling