funniest thing you've ever seen happen at a poker table?

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened years ago so I may not have a great recollection of all the details, but I'll do my best. I was a player at a 2/5 NL $500 buy in table at the Palms in 2004 plus or minus a year. This might have been at the peak of my poker prowess, so I was not intimidated easily and I could tell there were a few hot shot regulars at the table and mingling in the card room, scoping out the tables for fish. I was playing tight and also waiting for the right players to enter the game and was up maybe 500 when in walks two obvious beginners and I mean real beginners. They didn't know the table etiquette, how to bet without string betting, and were constantly betting out of turn, etc. When everyone in the cardroom realized these guys were novices, the card sharks were salivating wanting in line to be sitting at the table for the kill. Both had wads of 100s in their pockets and you could tell money was not a problem and they had no fear only poker nievete.

What transpired over the next 2 to 3 hours was truly remarkable in how beginners luck was bestowed upon these two players like I had never seen in my entire life. These two had to have been born with golden horseshoes up their asses. It was so amusing to see all the suck outs, big cards, big hands, even with terrible starting cards they won with to say the least. They must have busted out at least 10 players and both had stacks of maybe 4000 to 5000 each and they all of a sudden decided they had enough and had to meet their girlfriends at a dance club within a few minutes. I've never seen so many sad faces at a poker table in my entire life. To see all these young hustlers get taken for all their money on what I have to say was the biggest rush I have ever seen by two novice card players ever in my entire life. I lost about 500 myself and choose only to play premium hands and try to get heads up with either one and it simply made no difference, these two could not lose.

Everyone was in shock and no one could stop talking about the two poker novices that the poker gods protected against all the greedy card sharks that afternoon in the Palms poker room.

Lmfao I can just imagine the faces as the hustlers' stacks were gouged one hand after another.