Freerolls are actually good for something.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience....freerolls are good for developing patience. Last year at this time, was my first experience with poker. A live tournament, held annually at a local tile distributor (yes, i am a tile installer), anyway...of course my first game ever, I was out in like 15 minutes. So same time...one year later (this past saturday) I get to see how much I've improved. Tourney started with almost 80 people and went on for about 5 hrs. Now I'm sure everyone there isn't as much as a poker junky as I am, seeing as if when I mentioned a villians huge raise "under the gun" he looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Here's where the patience is involved....HOLY S@!T, I have never seen such crappy plays in my life. Everyone min raises, I think I saw one reraise (against me, when I cracked aces) and everyone plays any 2 and I mean ANY. There was probably an hour and a half when I played just my big blind and still crushed my opponents, cause they would not lay anything down. Middle pair was good enough to go to the river. Every str8 and flush got chased all the way, no matter the betting. And people didnt care about their stacks...if they thought they had a chance they were like "0h well". A short stack went all in and was called by one other(who still had thousands, early on) and since I was way ahead at my table with chips I pushed to try to isolate and the other guy called with Q9 off against my AK. Needless to say He hit for 2 pair and the short stack had K10 and hit a straight. After all is said and done, I made the final table and was out at 6th. 95 bucks for my 25 dollar buyin. It was fun, but If I didn't have the patience I learned from playing alot of freerolls, I wouldnt have made it as far as I did.

R

rufzilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats i am glad to see how much you improved with freerolls because i was planning on going the same route

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to agree with you that freerolls are good for learning . I have also not been playing for a long time and find freerolls a great place to learn and fun at the same time.

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree...I am on major tilt at the moment and I am so glad that I have freerolls to help me out...I also enjoy testing myself there even though freerolls are like playing the lottery I still feel that I learn something new from each one that I participate in.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your win and your improvement.:joyman:
If you feel you have reached a new level then try to work on small leaks your game may still have (BRM, game selection, multitabling aso)

Freerolls are not only a test of patience but a free opportunity to see a lot of hands, too.
I go the same line - sometimes it drives you mad - but in the long run you learn alot....
...even by watching serious mistakes happen to others :p.

Towards the end of the tourneys play usually gets better, too...

I learnt most in the cc-freerolls against players I couldn't compete agaist before because they play limits I still dream of.

(cc-has bankrolled me on two sites, too :D)

But even in cc-freerolls you sometimes see moves by players which show lots of room for improvement;).

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i improve greatly thanks to free roll ive even gotten use to being given bad beats and now i dont really care one time someone even apologized to me and i said its cool bro and with these tourney you can see alot of different playing style and win some free money why not freerolls are great :) and now i will play the money tourney cuz i think i can handle it now

Freeroll Passwords