Freeroll Tournaments Value - Which are the best Freerolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI all....where can i find the fulltilt freerolls code?
THX

I find that all the sites with passwords to free rolls you just google the name of the site, the freeroll and the date.

For example, you'd type in these search terms:

"full tilt"

"freeroll"

"password"

"Feb. 13"

... and somebody's usually answered the question in one of those "ask any question and get an answer" sites.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O n topic, great post OP, lotta hard work went into it and I'll probably use this info if i ever go busto again

yea im pretty much busto now and using this info to my advantage.

spaceboy_psy

spaceboy_psy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all and thanks for having me, and thanks for this thread - it's a great idea!

I'm trying to get my head around EV mathematics, and wondered if someone could help me (and others, perhaps!) get it straightened out, as I can't recreate the OP's calculations.

Let's take original example #6, Carbon Poker, as there OP gave all the relevant info.

[BTW, why does ITM stand for #places paid?] By the OP's formula EV = 200 [PP] * 10 [ITM] * (1/#players) [P]

For the outcome OP achieves it seems they used a #players figure of around 2899.65 :)confused:).

So that makes my EV figure 0.68973, which is 10x higher than OP's.

What gives?

So let's try this the way EV is calculated in full in other places.

EV = (Value of outcome A / chances of it happening) + (Value of outcome B / chances of it happening) + etc.
= 200/2899.65 + 0 [value of losing] = 0.068973

Cool, that's OP's figure.

So it seems that #places paid doesn't actually figure into the calculation. I think it would if it was a paid tourny. But it doesn't matter about the distribution of prizes, and for freerolls all the losing places count for zero.

So am I right in saying the formula is actually just:

Freeroll EV = Prizepool/#players ?

And paid tournament EV = (Prizepool - (unpaid places * buy-in)) / players ?

I'd love to get confirmation this is correct, or else some sharp reprimanding and advice if not!

Cheers!

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have an answer for the whole question but ITM is In The Money or just #places paid. You could always PM the OP just to make sure he sees this

E

Eddie Leeway

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for such a good read....impressed*

I just started playing again....I made it through Cake Poker's freeroll to the $1K Saturday game, and placed in the money, but I did not last long and made $2, but it is possible to do much better.

Thanks

E

Eddie Leeway

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This helped me decide on which sites to freeroll with and I thank you so much*

Tenaciousplayer

Tenaciousplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW, there is a private Freeroll that I didn't see mentioned the Carbon Poker Twitter Freeroll, no cash but pays sattelite for the $109 & $60, I played that the other day came in 5th got a $60 ticket, played that came in 19th or 20th, got $150 bucks, now got a bankroll, waited a few hours played in $11 $5k guarantee rebuy came in 2d now got serious bankroll and couldn't be happier. Now gonna start all over again an hopefully now that I have this information, going in search of a good freeroll.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably didn't see it mentioned because this thread is over a year old. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeroll Passwords