Freeroll Thoughts

J

Joleyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go with ruth99.
Every freeroll is played by players that don't play poker like it should be. Its really boring for those who really wants to play. But maybe its good for practicing.

R

Rickforking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls can be interesting. I've seen four all-ins on the first hand before.

Only way to do well in them is to get a good hand early, double or triple up, then you can start playing real poker, to a degree

smurray139

smurray139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like FT for freerolls. Stars aren't much better to be honest.

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the freerolls are big donk fests at the beginning but once it gets to about 2thousand ppl they start to play a little smarter...i have cashed pennies but not much more ..lol

TheOne2Watch

TheOne2Watch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should check out Carbon Poker, they have good freerolls

F

fortunamanus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opion on the matter

Well i do see an advantage cause someone has to win the money right ?? And you know how many people just register for that and just sign in and there is never a real person right ? So basiclly everytime its them you raise they fold automaticlly- Thats got to bring down the number some right?
As far as other sites. I havnt played other sites besides FTP any suggestions anyone ?

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal feeling is the FT and PS freerolls and other multi-thousand player freerolls with low payouts are not worth the time.
1. With the thousands of players, they take hours to play.
2. They are donkfest. Your premium hands will be called/raised with trash repeatedly. Although you may be a favorite in each of these hands, eventually someone will suck out on you. Might as well play the lottery.
3. Since they are donkfests, I don't think you really learn much.

Bottom line, avoid them....perhaps unless you are playing other tourneys and can spend a minimum of attention on the freerolls while otherwise engaged in meaningful play.

CC freerolls and others with limited entries are another matter. They are well worth it.