FPP Experiment, FPP/hand at various limits

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking to compile a list of average FPP/hand at each limit for NLHE full ring.

If you have a PT database with a sizeable amount of full ring games and don't mind doing a bit of work for the good of the CC community knowing how often to expect FPPs, read on.

If people want to request lower we can, but I'll do mine for nl10 and I'm looking for nl25, nl50, nl100, and nl200. If people have/want higher that will work. I have a little over 31k hands at nl10, so I'll do it for nl10, any additional hands to add in are welcome, but the higher limits are what are needed.

So here's the process if you're willing.

1. Find your PT database on your system. On a windows machine it's probably in program files/PT/ and is titled ptrack

2. Open it in Microsoft Access

2.5. Open the game_level table and note the game_level_id for the level you are analyzing

3. Select the table "Game", and go to the "external data" tab and export to microsoft excel. It will ask for a location, remember the location you export it to

4. Open the excel document, sort by "game_level_id"

5. Delete all the cells that are not the level you are currently analyzing, you found the game_level_id in step 2.5

6. Put this query somewhere at the bottom of the big block:
=COUNTIF(rake range,">=.4") + COUNTIF(rake range,">=3") + COUNTIF(rake range,">=5")

as well as this: COUNT(rake range)

The logic here is that if the rake is >= .4 it adds one, if it's >=3 it adds another one, so the cells with rake >=3 are counted twice, >=5 are counted three times. Obviously replace rake range with the range for your rake, for me it's L1:L31372

7. Post what limits you're using, and the results of each query. Here's mine:

nl10:
total FPPs: 1394
total hands: 31371
FPPs/hand: 0.0444 = 22.5 hands/FPP

Let me know if this is too confusing or you have any questions whatsoever.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw this has been done at 2+2. I'm sure mods/admin would prefer me not to link, so just search it. You'll probably find more info there than we could even begin to compile here.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh, I guess we shouldn't re-invent the wheel. If I find it I'll post here, no real need to do all this work then I guess :). Thanks.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands