Follow the Internet Gambling Hearing on May 19th!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, it'll be years before Congress cares about something the majority doesn't use, a.k.a. the internet. Did you see Rod Blagojevich try to use a computer on "The Apprentice"? He was a governor and barely knew how to turn it on. Imagine if you were a Congressman/woman. They probably think texting is too advanced technology to even bother with because it's too far over their heads.

R

rcbstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listened to it for short time before I got bored by it. It comes down to this the gov. is not getting there piece of the pie and they want it. Now they need to figure out how to do it.

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, it'll be years before Congress cares about something the majority doesn't use, a.k.a. the internet.

The majority doesn't use the internet? That's really interesting. I thought the VAST MAJORITY of people in the USA use it.

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing - and this assumes you are a winning player.

Any taxes you may have to pay if poker were legalized in the USA would be dwarfed by the amount of deposit and reload bonuses, and the increased pool of USA fish online.

You would make orders of magnitude more money provided it were legalized & taxed in the USA.

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well?
what happened...did smth change or the UIGEA is still on for 1 june or smth?

CSuave

CSuave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still set for June 1. There was no chance of it being repealed as it is attached to the Port Safety Act. The only chance is to set up new laws to regulate internet wagering or more specifically poker. And that will still be long after June 1 if it occurs.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot believe what the US government puts it citizens through on online poker. I UK is quite relaxed about it. I feel for your guys.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The majority doesn't use the internet? That's really interesting. I thought the VAST MAJORITY of people in the USA use it.

Bad phrasing?

The major of congress doesn't use it. They are too old and out of touch with technology.

drgilbert4

drgilbert4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot believe what the US government puts it citizens through on online poker. I UK is quite relaxed about it. I feel for your guys.
Yes... Thank you for your sentiments. Our government is becoming more and more like European governments in all the wrong ways while becoming less like them in any of the right ways! I wish they would get out of our personal affairs. I think we could benefit from more of the great freedom that our grandfathers and great grandfathers have fought and died for.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling